SOLD Possibly Selling 560 Ultra

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Cal429, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cal429

Cal429 Novice

SOLD!

Well, looks like we'll be putting our loaded, very good condition and much-loved and cared for 2010 560 Ultra up for sale in the near future. Over the past seven years she's proved to be one of the highest quality products we've ever owned, and Camp-Inn probably the best company ever for customer service. Thanks, Cary and Craig and families!

Why? Well, the story goes back at least a decade. More than ten years ago I became intrigued with the idea of getting an Airstream to tour around in during retirement (in my twelfth year of blessed retirement now), but alas, one couldn't fit an Airstream, no matter how small, into a standard two car garage, and my neighborhood associations both in California and New Mexico forbid any trailers to be parked in sight. And I wasn't one to part with a hundred bucks or more a month to store a trailer in some distant trailer storage lot. Dreams dashed. For several years I browsed longingly through the Internet sites for smaller trailers, but reviewers always seemed to say they all had quality issues of one kind or another. Then one day I stumbled on the Camp-Inn site, read what their owners had to say about both the product and the company, and I was hooked! Ordered my 560 Ultra (#380) in February 2010 and picked it up in August. With bunkbeds for my then two small grandkids, it was perfect! It's been a wonderful travel companion for a couple of trips in the West and Southwest each year ever since.

But now I have a good, secure place to park a full sized trailer, and those twice a night treks to the campground toilets have finally tipped the balance. With my oldest grandson almost six feet tall now, plus two new additions the the brood since I bought the 560, it's a no go for family trips. So two months ago I finally bit the bullet and got my beautiful new Airstream! My 560 will go places and fit in sites where the Airstream won't, so she'll be sorely missed, but ahhh, the pleasure of an indoor head and shower!

So in anticipation, here are the details as described on my 2010 bill of sale: original owner 2010 560 Ultra, very good or better condition (although it could use a good polishing), always garaged when not in use, nowadays in Albuquerque; a/c (just reconditioned this winter for us by Camp-Inn); LP furnace with upgraded thermostat; SUV offroad tire package; 15" HDTV/DVD player; larger 72ah battery (since replaced); extra (beyond the standard two) 12v outlet in the cabin; variable speed, reversible, thermostatically controlled Fantastic roof fan; internal battery isolator; tank monitoring system; stainless steel rear bumper; wine colored Alcan front cover; spare tire; stainless topped side table/cooler stand; Camp-Inn side entrance tent (with floor frame). Also, full size propane tank and recently repacked wheel bearings. Everything works.

Cost $21,927 plus tax and license FOB Wisconsin when new in 2010, and would be north of $26k today with those same options (if they were still available; side tent, e.g., apparently isn't).

No pictures yet, and not quite ready to post (gotta browse the forum to see what they've been going for), but as they say, "Watch this space."

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017