Posting Guidelines

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

How 2 post a group meeting or current information with various updates.

[​IMG]

"EDIT" button is at the bottom of your post. Click, make the changes and "Submit" or preview just to be sure it looks good.

This might be helpful when you have a group or common posting that you need to keep updating, typically like a group campout. This saves people having to re-read 14+pages of posts as the "item" developes like dates or locations or people going.

I might suggest the following might help.

The first one to post has control on that posting as do others, when they post their posts. You can go into the post and "EDIT"... but only your posts. As the item/campout changes the original poster changes with updates to the first post to reflect the updated info.
    So it would work like this:

I post a meeting for a campout at Yellowstone, initially the date is uncertain at this time somewhere around early Spring.

So, since I posted the first post, I can later on go back and set the date or locate or a map, whatever.

This way people who are interested later on can see by going to the 1st post the updated info..

~~~~~~~~~~ Example ~~~~~
    Yellowstone camping in Spring, let me know who is interested and what the dates might be, May or June and then we'll set a date...
    ~~~~~~
    (once we decide on the date, I'll go back to my 1st post and click on the "EDIT" at the bottom of MY post and update with the date.) So my updated 1st post would now look like this:

~~~~~
    Yellowstone camping in Spring, let me know who is interested and what the dates might be, May or June and then we'll set a date...
    Updated = Date: 5/25/2015

~~~~~ (then 14 pages of various posts later, John & Jane Doe, of the Doe family tribe, instead of trying to figure out "WHEN" it is, can just go to the first post and see it as "5/25/2015" instead of tying to go through 14+ page of other posts.

Betsy also suggested that the original post, post #2 post with the names and bringings and update that as needed..

Make sense??? heheh, and I'll update this as need to clarify.

You can always "EDIT" your own posts, but just yours, at anytime.

So my post #2 might look like this:
    ~~~~~~~ Example ~~~~~

Who is signed up and coming with what:
    • Frank -Margaritas
    • John Doe - Peach cobler
    • Michael - Tequila tasting.
    • ??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    and I would update as needed.
    Any changes would be posted on the fist 2 posts by the originator, me in this case..

That Help?

Fun...