Put thermostat near the couch

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Evan, May 1, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

So far, we've done all winter camping and are very glad to have the furnace. I just wish I could adjust the thermostat from the couch or bed. What if the thermostat was somewhere near the light switch? It's too late for my rig, but perhaps this might be a good idea for future builds.

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

How about a remote control???????

3. Evan

Remote control - great idea! Cary, do you know if this could work? Perhaps a new digital thermostat with a remote?

4. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

omGosh...Men and their remotes!! hehe

5. Evan

ok - now you've done it, Bernice. Charlie, make sure she gets up to change the heat! :)

6. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

Evan, I'll have to come up with another punishment for Bernice because we don't have a furnace in our camper. Bernice takes really good care of me, and has a good sense of humor, so it's hard to punish her for anything! :grin:
    Charlie

7. Oysterpot

Sorry Cary, me and my big key board.

8. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Ya got me looking George. Didn't find anything with a remote.

Cary

9. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

LOL...I actually find this quite humorous... :D

:cool:

10. we don't have the heater either but if it is digital, isn't there an app on the ipod that can change it?

11. Evan

My iPod has a heater app...

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

ATTENTION!!!! A retrofit option is in the works as we speak! I will post it as soon as Craig has it ready to go. Evan, I think it is the answer you've been looking for...it's easy to install & inexpensive.

Please stand by... :)

13. Oysterpot

OH no! One can't sit up and adjust thermostat?

14. Oysterpot

I put my Blackberry on vibrate and then have my wife call me!

15. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Alrighty! What you have all been waiting for...the Camp-Inn Thermostat Retrofit Kit!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Folks, Don't try this at home...only trained professionals can walk you through this... :eek:

Well...you asked for a solution... ;)

LisaNKevin likes this.
  16. Travelguy

Travelguy Novice

Looks great !!! Can I hook a remote to it? It looks a little far away and I hate to get cold... oh and could use a head warmer too :)

17. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I realize ya'll were discussing this back in August and I'm late to the conversation, but I couldn't help making this statement:

Cary's or Craig's drawing just lets me know what a CLASS ACT this company is! Nothing's too good for their customers! :p !

18. Evan

I was reminded of this thread during the cold nights on the mountain this weekend when I found myself not wanting to sit up to turn on the heater. By the second day we had also learned to drive down from the ski lodge to the RV parking lot in the evening and turn on the heater, and then read for 15 minutes in the warm car while the trailer warmed up.

Since I'm not ready to drill all those holes for eyebolts in my cabin yet (see Craig's drawing) I realized that what we need is an iPod/Pad Heater App. There's an app that repels mosquitos (no joke, and we camped with people that were using it and said it works), so why can't we have a Camp-Inn Heater App that lets you prestart your heater from the comfort of the warm lodge using your iPhone?

19. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

An app that repels mosquitos, we would love to see that and maybe one to repel stink bugs in the north east. :)