Rain In Female 7 Pin Plug On Camper

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Steve & Ellen, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

I have not posted in a while, there are plenty of excellent contributors. I just read and learn. I did a search on a problem I had this past weekend. Came up empty, so I thought I would post.
    We left camp to visit family in the neighborhood. My moms 95th birthday. How cool is that? 61 children, grand children, great grand children, nieces, grandnieces, great grand nieces nephews grandnephews and great grand nephews attended from all over US. But I digress, in our absence, it rained. The trailer lights electrical cord to the car was oriented up and took on some water. Our return was after dark. The curbside taillight was on. After I shook the out the plug and it dried, all was good.
    The taillights are LED retros purchased locally. Thought this may be a good thing to share.
    Steve of Steve & Ellen

2. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Cary's tip to me was to place the plug in the hole in the trailer tongue in front of the propane tank. It is generally high enough off the ground to prevent water from splashing up into it, and is otherwise shielded from rain.

You gotta love finding the longevity gene in your family! It's good to know there is always a chance that you got it...

birder526 likes this.
  3. Wild Robot

Wild Robot Newbie