Resetting And After Camp Report

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Tour 931, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

This is my first full day back after a short four day/three night trip. I like to reset as soon as possible. I'm glad I did this time as I found water in the legs of the tables and some water that had splashed from a water jug that had lost it's lid.

To reset I back the trailer into the left hand space and flip it around after it has been dropped. The Outback goes beside it backed into the center space. After that I take everything out and clean/dry it. I even setup the tables and that is when I found the water. I've noticed some moisture inside the side markers too. I'll take those off and let it air out. In the next couple of days I'll start to restock with the basic equipment.

This is our second trip and we learned a lot from the first seven night adventure. I have ten years experience in a Little Guy but the living style is so much different in the Camp-Inn. The 560 sofa makes all the difference in the world. We were able to enjoy card and board games in the warm comfort of the heated cabin while it was snowing with high winds outside.

Using the galley in the cold was not fun. Cooking was okay but cleaning dishes wasn't. But I remembered a trick from mountaineering and just placed the dirty dishes in a place where they wouldn't get warm enough for bacteria to grow. The cooler seemed the best place and the next morning the bowls we used the night before had dried soup on them but it was perfectly safe to eat hot oatmeal out of them. Same with the spoons.

Next trip is in five weeks.

Jenn, Ken & Peggy and Tom & Diana P like this.