Ron's custom 16 gallon fresh water system

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Evan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

While at IRG, we met Ron & Olga - fellow Camp-Inn owners, and now the newest members of our forum. HI RON & OLGA! They have been teardropping for years (around 30 I think), and bought a Camp-Inn when their last tear finally wore out.
    [​IMG]
    Now here is a trailer that has seen some camping!

I took photos of some of Ron's custom mods - very nice!
    After camping for that many years, you must have a pretty good idea of what you want in a trailer, because Ron made some extensive changes to his trailer that are worth looking at.

For starters, the fresh and grey water tanks were tied together to create one 16 gallon fresh water tank.
    [​IMG]

The grey water was piped up to the front where it goes into a bucket. This makes a lot of sense especially when camping off the grid.
    [​IMG]

Ron did this himself before the grey water tank had ever been used. If your grey water tank has been used, make sure you figure out how to properly clean it out before trying this mod. :sick: Craig said this can be done during the original build if requested. The tanks would be tied together without the visible external hose.

I won't do this to my trailer now, but it's worth considering - especially if we end up doing extended wilderness camping.

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hmmm, Saving funds for CI. I would like to know what the other customizations he did to the CI.

What are the handles above the door used for?
    THe attena is for ?
    What is the white box next to the antenna?

What else did he show and tell that is not in the photo?

Jean

3. Evan

Jean, I've got lots more photos of his mods - I'll post them as soon as I can. The handles above the door are for his roof rack and perhaps for his custom waterproof side tents as well. (similar in shape to the CI side tent - just water proof.) Ron said something about wanting to camp in a blizzard.

The antenna is for watching TV.
    The white thing next ot the antenna is just his IRG registration card.

4. Evan

One more photo of Ron's interior:

This has got to be the most extremely customized C-I ever!
    [​IMG]

Note the CB radio, custom stereo cabinet with voltage meters and who knows what else built into the face.

5. Evan

Ron says:

6. Jaime

Jaime Newbie

I LOVE IT!

I'm gonna steal some of those ideas!