'round The Us (and Maritime Provinces) In Cutie Pie

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by KathyBob, Oct 12, 2016.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

We left Washington State July 31, 2016 and returned ten weeks later. Total travel with Cutie Pie was >11,000 miles. 47 nights in the trailer and the rest with family. It was a great (but too long) trip - we could never be full-timers! Check out our pictures:

Shutterfly

2. That it is a long trip for sure. We have camped a lot at Smokemont in the Great Smokies National Park but not since we have had our Camp Inn. I assume you drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway. We camp at a lot at Mt Pisgah or Linville Falls. Nice places to escape the South Carolina heat and all around 2-3 Hours from home. Thanks for sharing.

3. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

I'm curious as to how things went in the deep south in August without AC. For me sleeping when it's too hot can be a challenge. I live in Maryland where it is not as hot and humid for as long as say Alabama but feel as though AC is a necessity for summer camping around here.

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Have to admit, Bob was a bit cranky with the heat, but the fantastic fan IS fantastic. On the other hand, I was REALLY cranky when the overnight temp was 20 in Buena Vista, CO.

Ben likes this.