Resolved Rules And Regulations

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tour 931, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Where can I find the forum rules? I checked the box saying I read them but in fact I couldn't find them. I would like to become more familiar with the forum and I'm skimming through old posts.

2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

For the most part, things on this forum are "G" rated and the tone is friendly. Mean spirited or disrespectful posts get deleted from what I can tell, although it doesn't appear that often. Here is a cut and paste from a post Evan (Forum creator and curator/moderator) made in November 2011:

Recent posts and events have brought me to the conclusion that it's time to restate the goals of this forum. I've been pretty busy the last few months, and for the first time, my name isn't listed among the top 10 posters. But, this doesn't mean I haven't been reading each and every post. Running this forum doesn't require a whole lot of moderation, but sometimes a little course correction is necessary to keep things from getting way out of whack down the road. So here goes...

The purpose of this forum is to:

1) Give newbies and wannabies a place to ask all the questions (dumb or not) that the rest of us wish we could have asked.

2) Provide a place for Camp-Inn owners (and other teardroppers) to swap tips and stories.

3) Have fun!

With a bit of common courtesy and respect for others we don't need a whole lot of other rules.
    In fact, if you've read the board rules, you would have noticed that there really isn't much there.
    Except: "The administrator reserves the right to do anything at any time - without warning."

So, without warning, I will now do something at this time:

Rule #1) If your post is rude or offensive it will disappear.
    Rule #2) If you want to know why your post disappeared, see rule #1. :)
    Rule #3) All questions, even dumb ones, are encouraged.
    Rule #4) All opinions, even unexperienced ones, are respected.
    Rule #5) Camping badges and stats are for fun. If badges aren't for fun, then, we don't need.... Yep, you guessed it.
    Rule #6) The day George buys his teardrop will be declared a national holiday and will be celebrated by the giving and receiving of cast iron.

Do your best to post things in the right place, but don't sweat it. If you're not sure, just post away. I'm the moderator. I move things. I'm good at it. :)

And lastly, Bear & Jenn - you guys are what this forum is all about. Be assured that your posts are read and valued, even if the rest of us poor workin' folks can't always find the time to respond.

Enjoy!

Bear, Evan and Tour 931 like this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks. I own a firearm forum and we don't allow political and religious posts. Some of us have known each other for ten years and have visited each other so it is like family. I sense this forum is similar.

Also I tend to post a lot. Expect a dozen or so posts from me daily.

lorieandkeith and Jenn like this.
  4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We agree with the Bear and Jenn posts. We read each one; most of the time, twice!

lorieandkeith, Jenn and Tour 931 like this.
  5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

@Handben - thanks for digging that old post up. I saw the OP and couldn’t remember if we had any rules... :)

Jenn, Tour 931 and Ken & Peggy like this.
  6. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Hi Bear, I wish I could claim credit! This actually was a cut and paste from Evan over 6 years ago! Ben H