Separated At Birth?

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Jim 2011, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jim 2011

Jim 2011 Novice

While waiting for our new CI 560 to be completed we stayed with family in Kansas City. One day Mary Anne and I went to the WWI museum there and found it to be an excellent museum with the entire sequence of the "Great War" very well laid out (there was nothing "Great" about it of couse) including all that led up to the start and all that happened afterwards. And of course there was all the arms and equipment used in a
    variety of displays. One of those displays had the M1917 tank, (a licensed copy of the Renault FT-17) and when I walked around a corner and saw it I thought I was already in Necedah. I had to send along a picture of both the CI-560 and the tank. The resemblance was striking (including the size). I sent this to Camp-Inn previously and Cary said they had a good laugh seeing it.
    Jim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

OH that was cruel! But now that you mention it? HMMMMMMMM.

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Weeellll, we did refer to the 560 as the "War Wagon" while building the prototype. So yah, we get it too.

Somewhere there is a picture taken way back when the proto was built of a big fake gun barrel sticking out of the front window.

Cary

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Here ya go!

[​IMG]

:cool:

5. starlight

starlight Novice

Those pictures are a a crack-up! Reminds me that when we first showed the pictures of a 560 to my brother, the windows reminded him of the cockpit on a of a Cylon raider ship (from Battlestar Gallactica). Thanks for sharing!
    --Stelena

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Stelena,

Oh, you will have something to show your brother then. The cabin light above the sofa switches to red. Throw that on at dusk and it looks like a cylon raider is looking right at you with the red spot right in the middle of the front window! I have joked about that for years.

Cary

7. starlight

starlight Novice

Awesome idea, Cary! We're all Battlestar fans, but he's the diehard that goes to Comic Con. He'll definitely get a kick out of it.

:grin: Stelena