Simple Netflix Streaming From IPhone 5 or 6

Discussion in 'Technology Corner' started by Randy, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

1. Download Netflix App on your phone (free)
    2. Insert one end of a High Speed HDMI Male to Male Cable into HDMI 2 port on left side of TV.
    3. Insert other end of HDMI cable into a Lightening Digital AV Adapter
    4. Plug other end of adapter into your phone.
    5. Select HDMI 2 using the SOURCE button on the remote.
    6. Launch Netflix and select your show!

The adapter also has a port for charging your phone while watching. This is particularly good if you have an unlimited data plan and requires no WiFi, only a cell signal. Picture is fantastic.

Is this still camping?

2. Genug

Genug Newbie

We use this adaptor with IPhone or IPad to access our slingbox

Slingbox is a device that allows you to access your home cable or satellite device over the Internet. It is a onetime cost and allows you to watch any live or recorded shows on your home DVR

We like to watch our local morning news anywhere around the country as long as wifi or cell signal is available

3. Randy

Oh my gosh, just checked this out and ordered! So cool, thanks for the tip!!

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yah, just be careful on your data plan as one movie will take a big chunk if you're on a limited one..

5. Randy

I am grandfathered with unlimited data through ATT, this should be fun!

6. Pick

Pick Novice

Thanks for the tip Randy. Does work well. Great for "camping" in the garage with the grandkids useing my homes' Wi-Fi. Might look into the Slingbox thing too although if my wife can access all her recorded shows she might not leave the trailer much. Does anybody have an idea of gigs used in say a two hour movie?