Sink Faucet

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Julie/Duane in the Tardis, Jun 8, 2016.

1. greetings Cary- the faucet fixture has been loose for a while and I've looked under the counter-top beneath the sink pan. There is little to no room for a hand let alone tool to fit under and tighten. I'm open to suggestions/instructions. I would really like to be able to tighten this down without having to remove the sink or counter-top. Hope to hear from you.
    Duane & Julie Wahl in Lodi, CA

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Julie,

I have a 2011 560. In the cabin, at the foot of the bed on the same side as the sink is an access panel. If you remove the access panel, you are able to tighten the faucet fixture. Based on your profile, you have a 2012 550. Hopefully, you also have the access panel.

3. Hello Joan. I checked the foot area inside and, lo & behold, there's the panel. Removed it and all I needed was a 3/4 inch wrench to tighten it. Problem solved. Thank you so much! Previously I had called and talked with Cary about a year ago and I'm pretty sure he never said a thing about this panel. Told me I was going to have a devil of a time getting anything under the back of the sink. My fingers sure wouldn't fit. So again, thanks..., and if you are ever passing through Lodi CA and take the time to look us up, I'll treat you to a bottle of one of our locals wines. (Feel free to contact us and if you'd like our cell #, we'll find a way to get the number to you privately.)
    Julie & Duane
    Somehow through this new web site update, our old address (Fresno CA) shows instead of current address in Lodi CA.

4. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

You are welcome. I think that 2011 is the first year that they added the access panel. Sarah from Mick n' Sarah has a 2010 560 and does not have the access panel. Cary may not have remembered when the change was made and thought you didn't have it. Fortunately for us, we do have it.

If I am ever down your way, I will let you know.

Joan