Ski Lodge - Long Haul & Maiden Voyage #872

Discussion in 'Long Haul' started by Greg & Shelly, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Greg & Shelly

Greg & Shelly Novice Donating Member

Ski Lodge - Long Haul & Maiden Voyage

Our story starts with my wife Shelly entering us in the couples lottery to run the Big Sur Marathon. As luck would have it, we were selected.

We had been kicking around the idea of purchasing a Camp-Inn for a couple years, this was the push we needed, our order was placed. Our planning for a road trip from Minnesota to California had begun.

Travelers: Greg & Shelly
    Dates: April 20, 2017 - May 5, 2017
    Number of Camp-Inn nights: 11
    Tow vehicle: 2011 Toyota Tacoma
    Starting odometer: 51,941
    Ending odometer: 57,048
    Total miles traveled: 5,107
    Number of states: 8

Trip Highlights: Visit with friends in Colorado, camp in the Yosemite Valley, run the Big Sur Marathon, and spend a day in San Francisco.

Timing worked out well; the six month wait for our build to be completed would allow us just enough time to pick up our Camp-Inn, figure out packing and hit the road.

The trip was a blast! 5,107 miles.

The Camp-Inn towed like a dream. After our first night, we purchased a memory foam topper for the bed. The kitchen proved to be incredibly efficient and capable. In all, it performed amazingly well and exceeded our expectations.

A few of our favorite photos from the trip.

fullsizeoutput_dc9c.jpeg Utah Salt Flats.
    fullsizeoutput_dc9b.jpeg Carson Pass on the California side of the California/Nevada boarder.
    IMG_4242.JPG fullsizeoutput_dc9a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_dc96.jpeg fullsizeoutput_dc94.jpeg fullsizeoutput_dcd9.jpeg IMG_1002.JPG fullsizeoutput_dc8f.jpeg Our Yosemite campsite and a few photos from the Yosemite Valley. I don’t think I’ve ever been so sad to have to leave somewhere. Highly recommended. So beautiful. I can’t wait to go back.
    IMG_4365.JPG DSC_7516.JPG On to Big Sur and the Big Sur Marathon.
    IMG_4439.JPG IMG_4446_edited-1.jpg Greg Big Sur 2017.jpg We both had successful runs. A fun marathon and a beautiful course.
    DSC_7522.JPG Driving CA-1 to San Francisco.
    IMG_4500.JPG The drive was going well until the STUPID protestors mucked things up. I was not a Happy Camper pulling the Ski Lodge through the gridlock created by these IDIOTS.
    fullsizeoutput_dc89.jpeg fullsizeoutput_db7c.jpeg Despite the efforts of the urban terrrorists, we were still able to salvage our evening and take in a couple of San Francisco’s tourist attractions.
    IMG_4542.JPG DSC_7524.JPG DSC_7550.JPG fullsizeoutput_dcad.jpeg The next morning, Shelly caught the shuttle to SFO to fly home and I hit the road.
    fullsizeoutput_dcac.jpeg Back in Minnesota. Sadly, all good things must come to an end.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Greg and Shelly. Please IM me (KathyBob) with your name and address and I'll send you your long haul pin!

Kathy Piggott

3. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

What an awesome trip! Love the photos. Yosemite is still on our to-do list, and your pictures make me want to move it up on the priority list. ☺️️

Diana

Greg & Shelly likes this.