Smart Phone Shelf For Storage And Charging For A 560 Ultra

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Mike D, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Mike D

Mike D Newbie

I mounted a folding Bobino phone holder so we can store/charge our smart phones in the cabin of our Ultra 560.

I replaced the metal outlet cover that came with our 560 with a plastic one purchased at my local big box home improvement store. I removed material from the back side of the outlet cover so the outlet cover and Bobino mount flush. I used a conventional grinding wheel to accomplish this, it did a surprisingly nice job taking away the material. I then drilled a small hole in the Bobino to allow outlet cover screw to pass through it to attach it to the outlet. I had to hand file to square out the side portion of the Babino a little bit so it would fit flush between the 2 outlets.

It folds up nicely and out of the way when not in use. Pics attached of the finished product.
    IMG_4620.JPG IMG_4621.JPG

The Bobino can be purchased on amazon for under $9.00
    Amazon.com: Bobino Phone Holder - Red - Stylish Minimalist Charging Shelf: Varios: Home & Kitchen

Tour 931, Jenn, Randy and 2 others like this.
  2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Looks good but it might look even better if you cut bobino on the side and top of the outlet cover....just a thought.

dustinp likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I like.