Snomaster Fridge

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Brian & Lucy, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I recently purchased a SnoMaster Classic CL60 fridge ahead of a 2 week trip with the family. My wife was tired of dealing with ice on trips over 2-3 days...me too! It's about $1000, so not an easy decision, but many of my Overlanding friends recommended it, I did as much research as I could, and I got a chance to see it at a recent Toyota Off-Road event. The one that got me was a 4WD magazine in Australia that reviewed many of the best and this one came out on top. After our two week trip, I'm hooked! The CL60 does not fit where the cooler goes, so we leave it in the back of our SUV plugged in 24/7. To protect your battery the fridge has a voltage meter which you can set to shut off the fridge at a certain voltage...I set mine at 10.5v for example. It's very friendly on the battery though...i never noticed the battery being weak to start after overnights in Moab, all the while having my food at 36 degrees. You can set it to be a freezer as well, or by the split version that has fridge and freezer. There is also a remote control that you can use to monitor the fridge, adjust temp and the voltage shut off, and see what the current battery voltage is. There is an alarm if the lid is left off, and ours had a removable lid to make it easier to get into the bottom of the fridge...we don't have room to open the lid without sliding it out. (my 4Runner does have a slide out, but we didn't need to use it) The US distributor is out of Austin, so I got some time with him to learn more about it before buying. He's also got a number of solar ideas for me...he runs several fridges in his trailer to demonstrate.

All in all, my wife and I love the new fridge.

SnoMaster USA | AC/DC Fridge Freezers | Overland Fridges

Attached Files:

Evan and Tom & Diana P like this.