SnuggleBug's First 100 Nights

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by Evan, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

The beginning of the adventure in Necedah

The American heartland

Quesadillas at Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico

The Arizona desert

The Russian River in Mendosino County, CA

The Oregon Coast

Sand Dunes on the Oregon Coast

Spring Fling - later known as the Mud Fest

Ski camping

Urban Camping (rooftop of parking structure in downtown Portland)

Mini-gathering (my dad's homebuilt)

The American Alps (HWY 20 - North Cascades)

Mossyrock

Our adventures with SnuggleBug started right after Thanksgiving in 2009 when we drove to Wisconsin to pick her up. We had a lot of fun trying to stay warm on the way home.

Here is the link to our maiden voyage (with way too much text and lots of pictures) :)
    Shutterfly

That winter we used SnuggleBug for several ski trips.
    Our neighbors in the big box didn't think anybody could have lived in that 'thing', and tried to run their exhaust all night next to our window.

We attended our first gathering in Spring. This was the 2010 Spring Fling by TOW (Teardroppers of Oregon & Washington). Due to the weather, the event was later renamed 'The Mud Fest' and the event was relocated to the middle of summer the following year... :)

We may have invented urban teardrop camping with our stay on the top floor of downtown Portland. This has pros and cons... I'm not sure if we'll do it again.

My dad was inspired by our Camp-Inn and built his own teardrop as a winter project. Since then, we've done a lot of camping together.

One of our most scenic drives was the North Cascades via HWY 20 through the 'American Alps'.

During our first 100 nights we also attended the first and second NW Camp-Inn Roundup (A.K.A Mossyrock), the 10th and final Carnation Gathering, and IRG 2 & 3.
    We had 50 nights in our first year, and 25 each the second and third years. After three years we had 13,364 miles.

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Kewl, fun to look back and then compare what the current situations are... may you all have another 100 nights... if you haven't already...
    "Keep on Camping" as they say... whomever "They" are..

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

You now have a new place to urban camp in Portland, with fewer security guards! Congrats on your 100 nights! Glad you had a safe trip!

4. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Wow! Lots of memories and some great pics, too!! Thanks for sharing!

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan nice story and enjoy your next 100 nights.

6. I'm thinking there is more to the urban camping story....