So. Cal. Teardrop Meet-up

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by ssackett, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ssackett

ssackett Novice

Mark with Skip and Diane Eastman (#33) at So. Cal. Teardrop meetup at Lake Perris, Cal.March 2014.

[​IMG]

2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

The B&W and filtering really give it a dramatic look!

Looks like someone has been doing a lot of polishing too!

3. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Seriously cool photo! Love the reflections on the CI skin. Fantastic!

That is really shiny. How on earth did you get it so mirror bright?

And how long did it take before your arms healed?

Sue

4. ssackett

ssackett Novice

Truth be told....I'm finally getting around to participating (vs. lurking and learning) on this forum, and thought I'd jump in with a picture.

This is on our third trip, last spring, a few months after purchasing our Camp-Inn #525 from Robert Hobbs (I hope I'm remembering that correctly)up in Canada. He'd had it beautifully detailed before selling.

We had the pleasure of camping next to the Eastman's, one of the early Camp-Inn devotees. And fun seeing the many vintage and home-built TDs in our area.

She's not quite this shiny now, but we love her! We're about to set off to meet my sister with her brand new home-built TD. My goal is to post a much belated recap of our capers thus far.

5. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

When I first saw the picture I thought you had decals. Really nice looking decals. It made me think that if we all put decals on our trailers it would make them less of a target for thieves. For instance Franks trailer looked really cool but I'll bet thieves took one look and didn't want to be caught towing that away.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures so far. I've had my trailer for a year but don't have many adventures to report as I have an aging mom living with me that I hate to leave and haven't talked her into going yet. She just likes to be in her own bed at night.

6. Jim and Sue L.

Pat.....

Where are you trying to talk your mother into going?

(Don't mind this. It's just me - and Jim - and our sick sense of humor. I just couldn't resist. That line was just sitting out there. All alone. Tempting me to feats of indiscretion unknown in polite, politic circles.)

Sue and Jim

7. Jim and Sue L.

But seriously, maybe a family member or dear friend could step in for you once in a while and give you a break. Jim and I have had lots of experience with aging parents (as almost all of our age group has) and even though you love them past reason, you do need some alone time. You need to get to nature and recharge your batteries.

And as for the decals; that is a great point you make. Decals, nose art and other surface decoration will make them unique and easier to recognize (I've been after Jim to put nose art - like a WWII fighter - on Spamalot, but no go so far). Will this stop a dedicated thief? No, but it might give others pause.

And I like the idea of nose art - a bunch!

Camp on,

Sue and Jim

8. pbaker2225

That's funny. You guys are always popping up with something. I like your sense of humor and have a bit of a dark one myself.
    My mom is great and in good health for her age. 95. she loves to garden and is active but gave up her drivers license at 90. She has always been a home body and doesn't have friends. When I came home from my last trip she just seemed so sad that it breaks my heart to leave her. My daughter and son in law live next door so they will pick up groceries and look in on her once in a while but don't spend time to just be company.
    I have also had a lot of work and maintenance stuff to do around the place this year.
    I'm heading down to the NW Roundup next week and hope to do some late fall camping when the BTKs let up.

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim has a 90 year old mother, who gave up her driver's license at 89...when she T-boned an SUV and totaled her Mustang. Did we say "gave up"? Actually the insurance company dumped her like a red-headed step child. And - believe it or not - the State of California, in it's infinite, bureaucratic wisdom, had renewed her license six months prior to the incident. And why not? After all, she passed the written test after only three tries. No driven test - go figure. Guess they felt the license fees out-weighed the safety of others on the road....

But we don't mean to rant.

We'll see you soon at PNWR.

We should have a lot to talk about.

Jim and Sue

10. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Cool picture...

11. pbaker2225

I'm looking forward to meeting you at NWRU. I hope some people have propane campfires so we can sit around the campfire. I'll help with Propane. I never did like sitting around a dead campfire.