Sofa Cover?

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Chuckwagon, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

Do most people cover the sofa cushions in the 560 with a large towel to protect the cushions? Has anyone made a washable cover? The pet cover sounds like good idea, but is a bit pink for me.

2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I have the pet cover, haven't taken it off yet. Looks tan to me! Dog prints come right off.

Randy

3. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

You know, it probably is tan and just looks pink in the picture.

Glad to hear that it stays clean.

Thanks!

4. Kelly

Kelly Novice

I started out using a spare sheet to cover the sofa, but later got the pet cover. If you want to protect the sofa from dog hair, yes it works well for that. Wet paws? Maybe. A few times my critters have left their wet paw marks across the pet cover, but I didn't detect any seepage through to the sofa.

I suspect that the cover won't protect the sofa from accidental spills though. For those who enjoy a lovely beverage or two or three or . . . . while hanging out on the sofa, I'd say there are probably limitations to just how much protection the cover can offer.

It washes well. Not the nicest color (but no, it isn't pink).

5. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

I sprayed the sofa cushions with a waterproofing spray. Seems to help keep it clean
    Gina

6. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

We camp with kids(who tend to be naturally messy) so I try to keep the couch seat covered with a beach towel that we would normally have with us anyway. After 2 1/2 years of camping with 1-3 kids, the couch still looks good.

Gina......what waterproofing spray did you use? Is it something like Scotchguard to repel stains also? Did it change the feel/softness of the couch fabric at all?

Casandra

7. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Casandra
    I bought the scotch guard spray that says it is for cloth upholstery. I will check brand when I get home tonight. Didn't notice any change in the feel of the cloth. I have also sprayed my the mattresses in my house with it without any problems.
    Gina

8. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Well I couldn't find the can but I'm pretty sure it was a scotch guard brand and made for cloth upholstery. Very happy with results and don't notice any difference in feel of upholstery
    Gina

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Thanks, Gina! That sounds like a great idea!
    Casandra