Soon to be the proud owner of a 550 Ultra - #444

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by charlie_az, May 21, 2011.

1. charlie_az

charlie_az Newbie

Hi all,

I have been following the “unofficial” forum every since I signed a contract with Camp-Inn back in January of this year. Needless to say, the past months have been the slowest to go by since I was a small boy waiting for Christmas to come after Thanksgiving! But it is finally here! My 550 ultra, number 444 will be ready around the 15th of June.

I am the primary care giver for my mom of 87 years – who will be going up to stay with my brother on Orcas Island in WA. around the end of June. So, I am planning a trip up to visit Carey and the gang, pick up my new trailer and travel back to AZ . (I will ask for ideas of “must see places” when I start planning the logistics.)

Growing up in Washington State for 30 plus years, my church (and the need to dry out!!!) brought me to the Phoenix, AZ. It took a couple of years to get use to walking out at 5 am in August and have it 90degrees. On the other hand, it wasn’t too hard to learn NOT to have to shovel snow or carry an umbrella to the bathroom or enjoy spring training baseball, golfing and hiking in December (in shorts), planning a BBQ and knowing you have more then a 10% chance it wouldn’t rain, not having to fight the mosquitoes for your blood….etc., etc.

Anyway – hi to all! I look forward to getting to know and hopefully meet some of you all over the coming years - discussing and sharing our travels of tomorrow.

Best Regards,
    Charlie

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome, Charlie! You should get years of enjoyment out of your trailer. Living in the NW I know what you mean about the weather. We are keeping our fingers crossed for Memorial Day weekend.

3. charlie_az

charlie_az Newbie

Hey Evan,

Well, I always complained about the weather in the Pacific NW, (sweaters on the 4th of July!), but it is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I love the memories of fishing, clam digging and crabbing as a boy. But after a while, I felt like a piece of water soaked cardboard.

I might be coming to WA this summer with my TD, perhaps we all can at least cross paths at a TD camp out?

BTW - Thank you for all your posts and hard work on the forum.

Cheers...

Charlie

4. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Charlie, welcome! I am a transplant to Oregon from Wisconsin. I agree that it is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. However, as I get older, your neck of the woods keeps looking better and better.

I am traveling to Necedah in July to pick up my C I. We might cross paths. If you do come to the NW in August, check out the First Annual NW Camp-Inn Roundup:

http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6446#Post6446

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Charlie, what about this August at the first NW Camp-Inn Round up?

6. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Welcome Charlie,
    We all know you will love your new Camp-Inn.
    What church?
    Again welcome, Steve