Teardrop days

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by Peggy Baker, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Peggy Baker

Peggy Baker Newbie

Our Teardrop adventures began in 2004 when we picked up our new 550 Teardrop #32 and drove home from Necedah to Rogers, MN. Actually the adventure began the previous fall while our new teardrop was still under construction. Camp Inn lent us a 500 model and we drove from Necedah down to New Mexico, up thru Idaho, down the Columbia River to White Salmon, WA then returned thru Yellowstone, the Black Hills and back to Necedah WI. That trip secured our love of Teardropping, and also confirmed that our plan to leave Minnesota and head for a warmer homestead was a great idea.
    Our first summer with RVEGG we took at trip to the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair in Stephens Point , WI. The balance of the 2004 summer was taken up getting ready for the big move, to 15 acres bordering forests and mountains on the Olympic Peninsula outside Sequim, WA. Our land was raw land with only a well and road and we spent the next few years living, sleeping, cooking in the Teardrop while building our new home. Quite an adventure.
    I towed RVEGG to WA with my Jeep Wrangler, but other trips till 2011 were towed by our Dodge Caravan. We now drive a Honda Element which is the perfect car for camping and Teardropping.
    Since moving to Washington state we have made trips throughout the area. Our longest was up to Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies in 2008, the most recent was to Long Beach, WA for the International Kite Festival in August.
    Now that our home is built and finishing projects almost done we are planning more trips this year. If anyone is in our area. Please give us a call, Teardroppers are the Best. Norm and Peggy peggybakersequim@gmail.com

Total days 1073, miles 7889 and counting............................

4/2/04 - 4/3/04 Necedah WI, to Rogers MN 2 Days 245 Miles
    6/18/04-6/20/04 to & from Rogers MN -Stephens Pt WI 3 days 456 miles
    9/22/04-9/28/04 Rogers MN-Sequim WA 7 days 1736 miles
    9/28/04-11/20/04 Sequim WA Camping on property 53 days
    3/12/05-3/13/05 Renton, WA 2 days 240 miles
    7/8/05-7/11/05 Langley, BC 4 days 270 miles
    7/27/05-8/2/05 John Day, OR 6 days 1020 miles
    8/3/05-3/1/08 Lost Mountain RD-House Building 941 Days
    9/6/08-9/22/08 Banff National Park Canada, Wenatchee WA 17 days, 1600 miles
    7/9/09-7/12/09 Langley, BC 4 days 270 miles
    2/24/10-2/27/10 Bellevue, WA 4 days 150 miles
    3/13/10-3/15/10 Mossy Rock, WA 3 days 295 miles
    3/9/11 3/10/11 La Push, WA 1 day, 171 miles
    6/3/11-6/6/11 Puyllaup, WA 3 days 196 miles
    6/27/11-6/29/11 Seattle, WA 3 days 150 miles
    7/14/11-7/16/11 Seattle, WA 3 days 150 miles
    7/20/11-7/21/11 Olympia, WA 1 day 208 miles
    7/23/11-8/1/11 Maple Grove, OR 10 days 352 miles
    8/17/11-8/22/11 Long Beach, WA 6 days 380 miles

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

First off, welcome to the forum! Great pictures from some wonderful spots. Sounds like you are teardroppers with a lot of experience. From the Upper Midwest to the West Coast, quite a move. I'm sure you'll find this to be a friendly place - hopefully we can learn a few things from you ;)

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Norm and Peggy!

Good to see you here. Oh ya, Ken is right. There is a bunch to learn from Norm and Peggy. They go back to the garage days of Camp-Inn actually.

Cary

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We stopped in Sequim this past early July beautiful part of our world.

5. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Norm and Peggy,

Good to have you here. We have VERY fond memories of Sequim. That was one of the stops on our honeymoon trip to Victoria...some 30 years ago. We camped (dirt poor kids that we were) in a beautiful campground along the Sound. Loved the clams spitting water at low tide...riot.

Jim and Sue

7. Peggy Baker

Peggy Baker Newbie

Hi All,
    Thanks for the great welcome. We have been busy this year, adding to our Teardrop, upgrading and getting ready for our first trip of the year. We finally installed the screen doors and after the first side taking 45 minutes discovered the easy solution and made a small tool that allowed the second screen to go in, in under a minute. Norm has also replaced the sink pump added a new facet, installed a ceiling vent fan and is in the process of adding a digital TV/DVD player to replace the old analog TV.
    I'm still learning this forum website and hope to add my pin to the map, travel map, etc. soon.
    Peggy

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Peggy, welcome to the forum! - or should I say "Welcome back to the forum", since RVEGG was actually the 16th member to join the forum almost two years ago. :)

I love the Sequim area. Growing up, we took almost all of our family vacations on the peninsula, and seemed to always end up in Sequim because of the rain shadow.
    Send me a PM with your address and I'll get your official Camp-Inn 100 nights pin out to you.

Also, seeing as last year was a hit, we will probably do a 2nd Annual NW Camp-Inn Round-Up this year. Good chance to do some camping with the NW owners on this forum.