Thank me later Cinnamon Roll

Discussion in 'Breakfasts' started by Oysterpot, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I am copying this recipe from the blog "Everyday Dutch Oven".
    The recipe as posted is for a 12" DO. The recipe can be adapted to what ever size you want.
    Please read recipe through, and I will have some alterations for ya.

Ice Cream Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
    1 bag of 12 Rhode's Frozen Cinnamon Rolls
    1 cup vanilla ice cream
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 stick butter

Lightly oil or spray dutch oven.
    Place 12 rolls in prepared 12 inch or larger dutch oven.
    Spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray and place over rolls.
    Allow rolls to thaw and rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 3-5 hours.
    In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine ice cream, brown sugar and butter.
    Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
    Let caramel mixture boil for 2-3 minutes or until light brown in color.
    Pour all of the hot caramel mixture over the rolls in your dutch oven.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until they are golden brown on top and cooked through.
    Immediately frost with packets provided with the frozen rolls.
    Serve warm, prepare to die and go to heaven.

OK this rendition is from the bag of cinnamon rolls.

Use the regular caramel sauce you can by at the grocery store. I prefer making my own.

Also when I made them, they rose over the lip of the DO. These are absolutely delicious. Very sweet. If you want to break the sweet, drop the caramel, but keep the butter.
    These are DELICIOUS

[​IMG]

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

George, are you trying to kill us all?! Those look awesome!

3. Oysterpot

Not trying to "kill" anyone, just sharing ecstasy LOL

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Don't stop!

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I think I just gained 10lbs reading this thread and now I have a hankerin'! I love cinnamon rolls. Good thing I have no idea where to buy those frozen rolls out here. The whole thing looks heavenly...and tempting! Thanks!

6. Oysterpot

:grin: Me thinks any frozen, or even homemade cinnamon roll dough would work :grin: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Oh, they look scrumptous!! I love cinnamon rolls and I haven't had one in a very long time. May have to fix those soon. Thanks for sharing.

8. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Sarah, just came upon this as I was looking for George's recipe (he made them at the CI-CO.) Our Fred Meyers carries Rhodes products in the freezer section - bread section if you're still looking for them.

Kathy

9. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Noooooooooo! You aren't supposed to tell me! Now I probably have to go down there (which is about a 1/2 mile from us) and get some, and I will probably have to make them and eat them, but then I will be thinking, "man, these are good, but I bet they taste better cooked outside", and then I will have to buy some more and keep trying them over and over until I think I have them just like George's. (INHALE)

Or, maybe I can just forget you told me.

Nope, it isn't working. ;)

10. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

So, sorry, Sarah. No, I'm not! I'm thinking about making them as a Thanksgiving morning treat.

Kathy

11. I just used the last of my Rhodes dinner rolls tonight...was reading this and thought like Sarah did, now I'm going to have to try making them. But I will cut the recipe in half. LOL...

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Hey, George...were these the yummy bombs you gave me at CICO?

Sue

13. Oysterpot

Hey Sue.........Yup!