Electric Brakes Thankful I Chose To Have Them

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Little Patriot, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Little Patriot #757 had a close call yesterday.:eek:
    We were coming home from a camping trip/family reunion when the car in front of us slammed into the car ahead. We were just east of Richmond on I-64 when both vehicles lost control and spun across the second lane of traffic. I was sure we would crash into them, and someone would slam into the back of us with the teardrop. Kyle braked hard and we avoided the accident, but we ran over debree from the wreak.
    Very close call! Kyle credited the electric brakes on the trailer for helping to slow the car down.
    I am so glad we opted for them.:)

2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Wow...that will get your heart pumping for sure. Glad everyone is OK.

3. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

So glad to hear that you & Kyle and Little Patriot are okay, and live to camp another day, after that very scary incident. Hoping we can arrange another "play date" later this year! Jamie

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Wow, what a scare. Glad you all are safe and sound. Little Patriot, too. Hope the others involved in the accident are OK too.

5. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

So thankful to hear that y'all are safe! Incidents like that can really shake you up & make you count your blessings! I hope the others involved were not seriously injured.

Casandra

6. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yes, everyone. Thank you. We are very thankful. I don't think anyone was seriously hurt, but I'm pretty sure that the car ahead of us was totaled. It all happened so fast. Amazingly, both vehicles spun off the highway in one swoop. It would have been a different outcome had another car been in their collision paths. Traffic was heavy and going at 70+mph.
    By God's grace...

Jamie,
    Kyle and I would love to camp with you and Jim again.
    Reserves is taking Kyle away for half the summer, but fall camping is a possibility.