Update The Bags Are Packed And The Car Is Pointed Out ..

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by emptynesters, Apr 23, 2016.

1. emptynesters

emptynesters Newbie

The bags are packed and the car is pointed out toward the driveway as Diane and I have weathered the two month wait to begin our 4 week journey across the Country from Manassas,Virginia to Salem Oregon to pick up Dave and Dixie's (new to us) 550 Ultra # 545 , aka "The Cat's Meow. We are so very excited about what lies ahead and the adventures that are sure to come along the way and stories that we will be able to tell. Just yesterday, our new Ford Transit Connect wagon that we bought to pull the trailer and which was minding it own business in a parking lot was rear ended. Unfortunately, the person didnt think he needed to wait around to exchange insurance info. It was only cosmetic but it will need a new bumper and rear quarter panel when we get back home. We plan to stop and smell the roses as we travel to the PNW and into Vancouver BC. We will post some as we head across looking for that elusive biggest ball of sting, etc.
    We kinda owe this new adventure to Jenn, Campinn and this post and all the info found on this forum plus Dave and Dixie for entrusting us with their trailer. We met Jenn while camping in Manitowac Wis. last fall and she was a wonderful spokesperson for CampInn.
    We have not decided on an official name for the trailer but it has become known to me as "Butterbean" My wife, a Michigan Native thinks it a little southern but being from Ole Virginia , I think it might work given that it looks like a butter bean wrapped in aluminum foil.

Well out the door we go.

Will and Diane
    " life is about the adventure"

birder526 likes this.
  2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I got so excited for you when I read your post. I remember how I felt waiting for my trailer and traveling to pick it up. Give a holler when you are in my area. I'm just off Interstate 5 North of Marysville, Wa.

3. emptynesters

emptynesters Newbie

Hey Jenn
    Actually we were the couple that met you while you were set up under the trees at PBSP.
    We were visiting oou son who works for Manitowac Ice. We were in a pop up. You graciously discussed the camper setup, etc . As I recall you were headed up to Sturgen Bay to house sit for the Winter. Hopefully that went well. We plan to stop and visit friends and family in Denver, Fort Collins, Boise , Portland etc. We will keep you and Pat posted as we cross the little mountains called the Rockies. Hanging out for the evening in Kentucky at Kentucky Horse Park. Should we bring you a horse.
    Will and Diane

4. emptynesters

emptynesters Newbie

Hey Jenn
    Guess where we will be staying for two nights .....
    Whitney island ....we have had a wonderful trip to Salem Oregon to get "butter bean". She is very roomy for use and more then pleased. Getting on the ferry at mukiltoe.