Toaster!

Discussion in 'Camp Cooking & Dutch Ovens' started by Randy, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Picked up this gadget at the little camp store at one of the places we were camping recently. Place over the galley burner and turn it all the way up and in just a few minutes you will have perfect toast. Folds flat for storage. This has really elevated my special breakfast sandwiches!

Randy

Camp Toaster

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have one of these and really like it. I was surprised at how fast I could make nice toast. Of course when I camp with my friend I always have toast duty. I put one of those little bungies around it when it is folded up so it will hold flat. I got some of those magnets from Harbor Freight about 1.00 x 1.5 x .375. Those magnets are on top of my stove and my flame tamer sits on one burner and the toaster on the other for storage during travel. The magnets are good and strong and hold them in place.
    I also have begun making the wind protector for the front of the stove from some flashing. Will hold it in place during use with magnets also.
    I just cut the flashing and scoured it so the edges will bend easier and doubled over an inch so it won't have sharp edges. Not quite sure how it is going to work out or if I'm going to put a wing on it to help stabilize it. Maybe if I put a wing on it I can make it short enough to lay on the stove also during travel. Right not it is long enough to cover the whole front of the stove and too long to store on top of the stove. Trial and error.