Townsend Coupeville Ferry...

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Ken & Peggy, May 30, 2014.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

It looks like the ferry will save us time, aggravation, and money on the route between North Cascades NP and Olympic.

I'm pretty sure we'll measure just under 30' towing the 550, which will keep the fare very affordable.

Is this a valid option, for those of you who may have traveled this route?

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Of course there is also the side trip from Anacortes to the San Juan Islands via a different ferry. Some interesting history and beautiful scenery. So much to do. So little time. sigh. A shame to miss though if you are already at Washington Park. The ferry terminal is just this side of the park.

3. Ken & Peggy

Thanks, we'll have to do some research. I am already feeling like we're trying to squeeze too much in to a short time period - which is the last thing I want to do. But, if we really like an area we can always just decide to hang around and explore...

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Ken, we should switch coasts to balance out the teardrop community. There's an opening in the NWRW for you.

5. Ken & Peggy

We should probably try to time the switch, so we pass each other around Rapid City or so.

6. Ken & Peggy

Hi Jenn. I talked with the ferry people (??) today, who said as long as we're under 30 feet it'd be $20 and change + 3 something for each add'l. person. Pretty reasonable. As close as I can determine, we measure 29.5", or so...
    I'm guessing we'll be there right about the 4th of July - PERFECT timing. It would be great to see you then!
    I'm going to check Google Maps to be sure we are routed via 20 since it sounds like a must see.