SC Army Corps Twin Lakes, Pendleton

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by SarahNell_and_Robert, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Spent 2 nights here in the upstate. We of course were partial as Clemson alum to get to spend time back on Lake Hartwell. Stayed at spot 99 which was the last of three spots sharing a one way loop. On the other side of the tree buffer was parking for larger trailers/boat parking and then the restrooms. Behind us was a gradual slope about 20 yards to the lake. Perfect for walking down and swimming with the dogs. There is a designated swim area but obv. people only. Would be even better if it hadn't poured rain for 2 days, but still really pleasant temps for SC in July:) About 45 min. drive from Greenville SC where there is an REI and a Cabelas is being built.

2. We live about 20 minutes away from here in Anderson. I actually ride my bike up through Fant's Grove and drop down to the campground to climb back out. I have never camped here but it is a local favorite. We will probably give it a try in the fall but not on a football weekend at Clemson.

3. Camped here for 2 nights as our first empty nest camping trip. Our daughter is in school at the University in Pittsburgh now. This is only 20 minutes from the house. Nice campsites all around. We were on Site #8 which was fairly private. We did overlook one site below but nothing across the road from us. My cycling club rides near here on Sat so I was still able to get in 50+ miles on my bike. First camping but won't be our last as we really enjoyed it.