Ultra 920

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Charlie & Carol Ultra 920, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Just starting to melt off up here. Hoping the salt gets washed off the roads soon. Planning our first real trips with the Ultra. Is there an app out there that helps folks like us to find smaller, county or municipal camp grounds while on the road. I'll stay at a big place if I have to; but would prefer the smaller sites if I can find them. Any help would be appreciated. Z

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Allstays is great for research on your laptop at home but they also have an app that I'm told is very good as well (I've done most of my research before hitting the road. Here's a link: Campgrounds for Camping RV Parks, State Parks USA
    Another decent search method is to just type "camping" into google maps in whichever area you're considering staying in. I hope this helps. Ben H

3. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

I used to like the app "We Camp Here", but it seems to have died; too bad, it directed us to some interesting spots. "Camp Finder" has worked pretty well for me.

4. fernlane

fernlane Junior Ranger

the allstays app is awesome. Get it, you won't be disappointed. I'd happily pay an annual fee for this app but it's only a one shot payment. Most of our camping spots were found using allstays.

r dickson
    550 #645
    4 years, 176 nights, 45k miles
    map-2.png
    green = camped – blue = passed through

5. Thanks to everyone for your help. Z