Under mattress storage

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Jay & Valerie, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

As I am not an owner just yet, I can only share what I think would make it a little more workable.

I understand the under mattress storage is 1 large container divided into 4 equal size square bins. I think it would be nice if 2 of the square storage spaces were combined to make 1 larger rectangle storage bin. This would allow for storage of longer items like folding chairs, etc. without giving up any space in the sleeping area while traveling.

I know chairs may not take up that much space, but any space you gain underneath for longer items is less space you need inside the cabin area for those items.

Anyway, seems like it would add just a little more flexibility for the under mattress storage area. Just a thought.

Just a thought anyway.

2. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

The 550 has two UNequal sized under-mattress storage bins. One is sized (and shaped) to fit a spare tire. The other is slightly smaller. But I don't have precise dimensions.

The other under-floor space, where another two bins could maybe go, is reserved for the fresh and gray water tanks.

3. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

The 560 does have room for four bins. They cannot be combined because there are structural members supporting the floor crossing that area. Nice idea, but probably not feasible.

4. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

The 550 has two under bed storage areas. The curbside bin is sized to hold a full sized spare tire along with a few tools.
    The street side storage area is slightly smaller in size, same depth.

Due to frame construction, the bins are separate.

Copied from Camp Inn website:
    550 model Under Floor Storage-Adds TWO storage compartments, in the cabin floor, under the mattress. Compartment sizes (22 x 22 x 5.5 inches) and (20 x 17.5 x 5.5 inches). Great for storing items like raincoats or tools. One of the storage compartments is sized to fit a 12 inch spare tire.

560 Models add FOUR storage compartments, in the cabin floor, under the mattress. Compartment sizes (22 x 22 x 5.5 inches) and (20 x 17.5 x 5.5 inches). Great for storing items like raincoats or tools. One of the storage compartments is sized to fit a 12 inch spare tire.

Jean

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Ah, did not realize their was a cross beam passing through...that would make sense then as to why it could not be done.