Washing Mattress Cover??

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Duke's, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Duke's

Duke's Newbie

Anyone try to clean green mattress cover? Don't see a tag on cover with info.

2. Bear

Bear Ranger

Duke,

I have successfully separated and reinstalled the green cover from the foam mattress, in order to wash it, multiple times. The cover didn't shrink, but because of the texture of the foam mattress it is a challenge to stuff back in that large green sack---but, I was able to do it and done so many times.

Walk in Beauty,

BEAR

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. Duke's

Duke's Newbie

Bear, was checking hw to actually wash it. Ended up stringing it up outside and hand washing it with mild detergent. Air dried. Turned out great. One side lost its water repellency. Didn't retreat, you? You throw into washing machine? Thanks for response btw

4. Bear

Bear Ranger

Howdy Duke,

I guess I should have been clearer on that point. The green cover doesn't roll off the foam matter with ease and nor does it slide back over the matter with ease once removed. Its not a struggle but it can be a challenge. Once off though, the cover fits nicely into a commercial size tumbler washer and has not shrunk after having been in the dryer. The end result is that it comes out looking pretty close to new.

I hope that better answers your question.

Walk in Beauty,

BEAR