Washington State Hwy 101

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Tour 931, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

On January 21st flash nine thirty one will make its maiden voyage on Hwy 101 in my home state of Washington. This will be a seven day, six night adventure and we can't wait.

From Woodinville we will drive south on I-5 to Olympia and catch the very beginning of the highway. Then drive the highway from Shelton north, then head west as it goes around the Olympic Peninsula and then continuing South to Chinook at the Washington/Oregon border.

I have driven every part of the highway in Washington but never all of it on one trip. In February and March we are planning on driving down to the Oregon and California coast and continuing the adventure.

As a Disabled Veteran I get to camp for free in Washington and Oregon State Parks so gas will be our only expense. Well that and the million pieces of junk that seems to follow us home.

Tom & Diana P, lorieandkeith and Evan like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks Bear, I had never heard of it before.

3. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

We did the 101 loop a few years ago in my parents electricity-hog camper van - it's what finally decided us on a teardrop (rather than a standee). Can't wait to do the trip in our Camp Inn! Have a great trip!

Jenn and Tour 931 like this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Four days away from the maiden voyage. Being retired has given me lots of time to prepare for this first trip. And 10 years of owning a Little Guy has given me the experience to know what to pack. But I bet there will be some pesty thing I forget.

5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

We will be doing the entire 101 highway in Washington. At some point in the future we want to continue down through Oregon and all of California.

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

We are off on our week long venture in an hour.

Evan likes this.
  7. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

I am happy for you that you get this trip. Thank you for your service.