What a Trip! . . . 8 States and 3 Provinces Later

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Kelly, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Kelly

Kelly Novice

I recently returned from a two-pronged trip that started off with going to Necedah (for a Raindrop spa day) and then proceeded West to Port Townsend, WA to catch up with family for about 5 days before making my way home. It was a thoroughly enjoyable trip.

I was truly delighted to encounter so many courteous and friendly individuals during my travels through the USA. I was treated to many examples of gracious hosts of American hospitality: the nice souls who were kind enough to give me room for last minute lane changes, pleasant store clerks (and even patrons who still open doors for a lady - - - wow!), the friendly greetings from locals while I was out enjoying the walking trails, and last but not least the wonderful people I met in many a campground along the way. I am sure the silver magnet played a role in this, but all of the positive experiences left me with a very favourable overall impression of travelling in the USA.

Ordinarily a long haul trip isn't my preference, but I couldn't have asked for a holiday to go much better than this one did.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

The people we meet are what really makes the trip worth taking - glad to hear yours was an enjoyable one.