What Size Comforter/blanket?

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by dmaaron, Oct 30, 2016.

1. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Looking at getting a Pendleton National park blanket for the raindrop. Wondering if the twin size as recommended in the Owners Manual is what you recommend or if anyone is using a full size?

Pros and cons o both are greatly welcomed..

2. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

If you have a dog (or bed hog, as the case may be), a queen may be wise. If you are flying solo, smaller is probably better.

With a dog in between two of you, you are likely to be fighting for cover with anything less than a queen. But the full looks better (unless you are talking down comforters, which seem to be sized smaller).

dmaaron likes this.
  3. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I recently posted a thread about our Pendleton National Park blanket purchase...we purchased a twin. For us, the purpose was first simply a finishing touch to the cabin, and second keeping warm. We feel the twin was the right choice...enough room to tuck it in at the sides and feet. If you're looking for it to wrap under the mattress, you'll need bigger than a twin. We usually have a queen sheet and thin queen blanket below...that's all the tucking we want to deal with! (I know we should sew the ends)
    Pendleton National Park Blankets

RollingRob likes this.
  4. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I believe this year they have a number of unique patters for the 100 year National Park anniversary, but they aren't all available in multiple sizes. We were forced to buy a twin to get the pattern we liked...ends up we're happy we didn't go bigger.

5. Steve & Betsy

Steve & Betsy Novice

We also use a twin sized Pendleton wool blanket which I think is the perfect size - just enough overhang to tuck in at the sides.

6. Theresa

Theresa Novice

With only a twin blanket, don't you pull the covers off one another?

7. Steve & Betsy

Steve & Betsy Novice

Theresa,

We do not pull the covers off of each other (& I Steve am the cover hog at home). We also have a twin comforter on top of the blanket. We have camped on some chilly nights (upper 20's low 30's) too.

8. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

Thanks for all the feedback. Mary and I were at Sequoia National Park this weekend and found a Pendleton 100th Anniversary Sequoia NP Blanket and had to scoop it up even though it was a twin. Haven't been able to find it anywhere online so it will be pretty unique :) Wondering if you can only buy it at the park?!

I will post a picture later this weekend.