WANTED Where Can I Find a Used Camp Inn?

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Gman, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Gman

Gman Newbie

My wife and I are looking for a used Camp Inn 550 or 560 Ultra and I'm having a difficult time finding anything. There are only a couple listed on this site and they don't respond to messages. Perhaps they've sold but then just respond "Sold" and or mark it on the ad as sold. I've been checking Craigslist and the RV Trader with no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to where to look.

2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

This forum seems to be the best place to find one. When listed, they seem to go quickly. We were the exception, one went for sale locally near us, and no one in our area realized the value. Good luck, and keep looking. You will not be disappointed once you score one.

Gman likes this.
  3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

From time to time one will show up on Craig's List or eBay, but I'm pretty sure that there's no better place to find one than this forum.

If you encounter an unmaintained thread that is still listed as "For Sale" please post something to that effect in the thread and I'll mark it as "Expired." We ask folks to change their own listing once the item sells, but not everyone does.

Gman likes this.
  4. Gman

Gman Newbie

thanks. I appreciate the input.

5. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

They don't come up too often, so you have to keep looking at Craiglist nationally, eBay (how I got mine), and this site where you're likely to see the most.

If you really want a used one, be prepared to strike quickly and very possibly out of state. I'm in Austin Texas and felt lucky one showed up in Lousiana...I was willing to travel further. I bid based on numerous photos only, didn't see it until we met in a Walmart parking lot. Mine is #318, had 2 previous owners...the last one used it a lot. Most people think it's new! They are well built...and I love that the design has changes very little as I was able to do a number of upgrades on my own.

6. Larry Pringle

Larry Pringle Newbie

I just posted mine today on this forum it is a 2007 Raindrop take a look

7. SLC Bill

SLC Bill Newbie

I'll be putting my 2016 550 Ultra up for sale after I return from my next trip in late September. I live in Salt Lake City, but would be willing to deliver it, depending on where you are located. I picked it up in late June of 2016, and by the time I'm done with my next trip, it will have about 20,000 miles on it. It has just about all the options except the TV (c'mon, you're camping! Get outside!!), heater, and spare tire (I rarely drive over 65 and was told when I picked it up that 65 or so is the optimal speed, as the aerodynamics of the design actually create a bit of lift at 65, so very little weight is actually on the tires - they'll last a long time, I was told...). I have a set of solar panels (Goal Zero) that I use with it, and have never had a problem keeping the battery charged in camp, to run the Dometic AC/DC cooler. I also have a small shade shelter that fits over the rear of the unit, even with the kitchen hatch open (it does not cover the doors).
    Let me know if you're interested! 2016 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra.JPG 2016 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra with Shade.jpg

8. Gman

Gman Newbie

We are quite interested! Do you have any idea what you may ask?

9. SLC Bill

SLC Bill Newbie

I picked it up at the factory in Necedah WI on 6/23/16, so by the end of Sept. (when I come back from my next trip and ready to part with it), it'll only be 15 months old, with 10 trips, 130 days out and about 20,000 towing miles on it. I've not encountered a single problem, and it's still in great shape. I paid just over 23.5K for it, and I'd like to get 20K for it in September. I've added a Goal Zero 100 watt 4 panel (they fold into each other for easy storage), and the extra long cable to attach to the trailer. Here is a list of the extra's I paid for:

Electric Brakes with Park Lever
    Air Conditioning
    Solar Controller/Connection
    Internal Battery Isolator
    Rear Bumper, stainless steel
    Alcan Cover, Teardrop FSB
    Door Screen, pr.
    AC/DC Refrig/Freezer, portable - Dometic CF-35
    Table Extension - Street
    Sink-top Cutting Board
    Galley Trays (1 XD + 1 standard)