Where's Bear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajs777, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Has anyone heard from Bear recently? I know he enjoys his solitude, but we're kinda use to him popping in from time to time.

Bear,

We hope you are well and having a great New Year.

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Yeah, where is that rascal hiding these days?

Bear, I know you're out there. I can hear you breathing. Don't make me go out and get Jenn.........

Sue

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We got a nice message from him on Christmas Day. I'm sure he will pop up on here again...It is winter, so he may be hibernating... ;)

:cool:

ksaville likes this.
  4. Jim and Sue L.

Riot, Betsey, riot!

Jim says, "We probably won't hear anything from Bear until the spring thaw. Unless he headed south for the winter, where in California it is just like summer."

Sometimes I wonder about that man of mine....

Sue

5. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

I should have known that :)

6. Jim and Sue L.

Hi, Bear.

Wondered how much poking it would take to wake you up. (Yeah, Betsey-we were told as kids not to poke the bear. But then, when did kids ever listen to their folks?)

Whidbey Island, huh? Sounds like a dream. I've often passed small island communities and wondered how much fun it would be to live there. Even though I was raised in Oakland (anything but a small town), we had a small town sense of community in our area. Everybody knew everyone within a five block radius, all the kids played together, all the parents kept a eye out on us kids-not just their own, we had block party pot-lucks, everyone went to each others' christenings, weddings, funerals... I miss that, even with the inevitable gossip that is so much a part of small town life.

So I hope you get that scouting job. I hope you've found a home in Whidbey. You have a lot to offer all those future rangers. Go for it!

Now Southern California isn't so bad. The deserts and high mountains are gorgeous. Lots of space to get lost in (or dump a body, but that's another story). Only problem is the megalopolis sprawl, but you get that in any high density living area.

That being said, I'd rather live along the northern coast with just enough neighbors for friendship and mutual security. A cottage by the sea....at today's prices, dream on girl.

As for what my hubby does to make me wonder....ain't tell'n ya, tee-hee!

And your lady friend with the breathing problem...Breath Right nose strips might help. (gotcha!)

Nice to have you back, Bear.

Camp on,

Sue

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Bear,

Oh hey. I just got done reading a interesting book about Catalina flying boats in WWII. Had a nice section on Whidbey Island in there. The patrol unit in the book had been stationed there for awhile. It was neat, had a bunch of old photos of the layout back then and everything.

Cary

8. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Bear,

Oh, you must make it over to the museum then. I have been standing by Cats before but never had a opportunity to poke my head inside of one. The layout of them fascinates me.

If you get a chance read some of Martin Caidin's books he talks in some (not sure off the top of my head which) about a journey he made in one back in '86. Great stuff.

Cary

9. Car

Car Newbie

Where's Bear?