FOR SALE Whidbey Island Campground Membership

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Bear, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Ranger

WHIDBEY ISLAND CAMPGROUND MEMBERSHIP: $19,000

This little oasis in the Puget Sound of Washington could be your home away from home this summer. Never again concern yourself with space availability at public campgrounds, especially during peak season. Join Whidbey Island Campers Haven (membership required) and enjoy island life tranquility as part of those weekend getaways. This membership will permit you to experience the beautiful shores of Penn Cove and a treasure grove of seafood delicacies right from the beach. This particular site overlooks a pond and its open tree canopy accommodates both stargazers and sun worshipers. The beauty of this site is that the forest separates it from most everyone else but, it is the last available site in camp at this present time. The lot can accommodate a 28' camper or RV as it measures 3,050 sq. ft.. Plus, your rig may be parked on the grounds year round thus saving on RV storage fees. And speaking of fees, the annual dues are a mere $500 annually. Members pay for electricity and club pays for cable television, facility maintenance, property taxes, toll-free phone, trash, water, and WiFi. Club amenities include clubhouse, showers, dumping station, and private beach.

The first question that inquiring minds seem to ask is: So why are you selling it? Because I am a homeless Veteran, and I'm trying to sell off the last remaining item that I have that is of any value, so that I may address the mounting health care costs. I don't say that as a badge of honor, but I can't run from the truth neither.

WICH 35 CLUBHOUSE & PLAYGROUND.jpg WICH 35 LOWER LEVEL LOOKING EAST.jpg WICH 35 LOWER LEVEL LOOKING NORTH.jpg WICH 35 LOWER LEVEL LOOKING SOUTH.jpg WICH 35 LOWER LEVEL LOOKING WEST.jpg WICH 35 OPEN CANOPY.jpg WICH 35 PRIVATE BEACH & ORCA.jpg WICH 35 PRIVATE BEACH; PENN COVE AT NIGHT.jpg WICH 35 UPPER LEVEL LOOKING NORTH.JPG WICH 35 UPPER LEVEL LOOKING SOUTH.JPG WICH 35 UPPER LEVEL LOOKING WEST.jpg WICH 35 VISITORS.jpg WICH 35.jpg WICH NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKAGE Page 1.jpg WICH NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKAGE Page 2.jpg WICH NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKAGE Page 3.jpg WICH NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKAGE Page 4.jpg WICH NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PACKAGE Page 5.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 6:31 PM
    jfocallag and Tom & Diana P like this.
  2. Boy, I wish I had more money and time to go camping.

3. Sky bear

Sky bear Novice

Looks very inviting. We're actually thinking of heading your way probably around Sept. Penn Cove mussels high on are list of delicacies. We wouldn't be a candidate for your offer since live in Colorado and wouldn't get out your way but every few years or so. We do want to camp on Whidbey and are familiar with Ft. Bay SP. Where might you suggest we try at that time and how soon would we need to make reservations?

4. Bear

Bear Ranger

I think you mean Ft Ebey SP, but I could be wrong. Fort Ebey is a beautiful location to camp along Central Whidbey.

My personal recommendation would be to camp at Deception Pass State Park. It's situated on the very northern tip of Whidbey Island, and it is one of my favorite places in the country. If your plans are to be on the island after Labor Day weekend you probably won't have difficulty just pulling in and finding a campsite. Traditionally, the park campground is like a ghost town come the second and third week of September. But, if you would like that warm and fuzzy secure feeling the sooner you call about reservations the better off you'll be: Find a site - Deception Pass State Park - Washington State Parks Online Reservations.

Other alternatives would Fort Casey Historical State Park (Central Whidbey) and Rhododendron Park (Central Whidbey): Fort Casey Historical State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
    Parks Whidbey and Camano Islands

South Whidbey State Park campground is closed indefinitely. Should you depart Whidbey Island via the Deception Pass Bridge, I would strongly encourage you to visit the top of Mount Erie on Fidalgo Island (the island connected to the other end of the bridge). The summit is 1,300' and it has a spectacular view of Western Washington, to include: The Pacific Ocean, the Puget Sound, San Juan Island chain, Whidbey Island, Cascade Mountains, Olympic Peninsula, Victoria Island, Mount Baker, and Mount Rainier to name a few: Mount Erie — Washington Trails Association

Should time permit, you may want to consider Washington Park on Fidalgo Island. A great viewing opportunity to see the San Juan Island chain and Canada's Victoria Island and camp near the water's edge: Washington Park

If you find that you enjoy Whidbey Island, I would encourage you to camp a night or two at Camano Island State Park. A number of the sites in this campground overlook the waters of the Puget Sound and the snow capped mountains of the Olympic Peninsula---makes for some great photo opportunities:
    Camano Island State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

And there you have it my four cents for whatever it is worth.

Walk in Beauty,

BEAR

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  5. Sky bear

Sky bear Novice

Bear, thanks for the in depth info. Really appreciate it. Ft. Ebey it is. Mac didn't want to recognize it. Also, visited Ft.
    Casey SP last time we were there as I recall. Old coast defense system there too? Good to hear about probably not
    needing reservations as traveling a fair distance to get there can create some uncertainties. We do enjoy the area and
    remember many years ago island hopping on the ferries with just a bike, panniers and the thrill of exploring new frontiers. We look forward to trying to make a trip work in Sept.

6. Bear

Bear Ranger

So Sky Bear,

Did you ever make it to the island in September?

BEAR

7. Sky bear

Sky bear Novice

Hi Bear,

No, we didn't make it up your way. Chose a little warmer environs by way of southern Utah and the NP's
    in the area. Have a sister in Bellingham so we will plan a trip your way in the coming months. Would be a
    pleasure to meet you at some point too. Have always enjoyed your heartfelt posts.