Why not have100% LED Lights?

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by c3po, May 22, 2016.

1. c3po

c3po Newbie

Any reason why you can't have option to replace Xenon lights with LED lights w/ dimmer switch?

2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

I have replaced all the bulbs, except the red ones which I rarely use, with LEDs. They all work fine, except for a slightly perceptible flicker when the dimmer is turned down low.

3. c3po

c3po Newbie

Thnx rotus8 :)

4. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

We'll stick with the Xenon. The drain on the battery is not nearly the issue that it is with our Dometic refrigerator. And those xenon bulbs help take the chill out of the air on those 40 degree nights. Just turn 'em on for a while before turning in, and you'll be a lot more comfortable. (And when it is too damn hot, it is usually light enough that you don't need to use 'em.)

5. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

We switched all of our lights to LED bulbs. The white cabin lights are advertised as dimmable, the red is listed as non-dimmable, but they dim just fine with no flicker or noise. The cabin lights are about the same brightness as the original Xenon bulbs. The running lights however are crazy-bright bright making for an awesome porch light and hopefully better visibility on the road.

Running Lights

Red Cabin Lights

White Cabin Lights

6. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

I agree with Inn42. Now that we have our Tri-Metric meter, I have measured the reading lights with Xenon bulbs on the maximum brightness setting. One light is only 10.75 watts or .90 amps. Pretty low draw for such a bright light.

7. Randy

So Doug, I tell my wife that if I only had a Trimetric Meter I would have saved all that money I spent on those LED bulbs. As she so often does she just shook her head and gave me one of those funny looks! :/

8. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Randy,

Oops. Were you able to get with Cary or local Tri-Metric installers in your area? It's a bit of a trick to program, but once you get through the manual, it all makes sense. If you need help someday with programming and menus, just call me, we can go through it in 5 min.

9. Randy

Not yet Doug, going to reach out to one of the dealers to see if they would be willing to do the install.