Winterize Video on YouTube

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Well, we have finally broken down and posted a video on YouTube.
    The video shows you how to winterize your trailer.

Winterize Video

Our plan is to make several of these videos over the next few months, to help out new and experienced Camp-Inn owners.

One of the next few videos will be how to De-winterize your trailer.

Post suggestions of videos you would like to see us make.

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

great, thanks Camp Inn...
    Always fun to learn something new...

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Hey! Who hijacked my account & posed as me????

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

At least they made me sound intelligent! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:cool:

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Jenn,

Awesome list. Lists like this are a great idea. Everything covered in orientation would be broken up in the sections like you suggested. Plus some good tips too. I like it. Each and every detail could be a short tech video, even the quick simple ones. So keep the lists coming.

You know you hit upon another great idea. Craig and I have been messing around with the idea of having other narrators other than him and I in the films. I mean really, Craig comes off a bit campy when he is on film and, well, I just plain scare off the kids. Now, having Bear narrate some videos is a great idea! I like that! He is more movie star material than, well, Craig and I.

You know, you are going to get Evan all fired up again about not having ordered the hot tub. Great.

Cary

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jenn I have been making notes to put on a list you hit them all plus. Thanks

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Yep, for months now, Craig & Nichole have been talking about how to do the entire owner's manual in video clips as well as other things, so stay tuned, there is more forthcoming.

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Love Jenn's list. I definitely second the following:

putting up the side tent. we tried once and were so intimidated we just folded it up and put it away.

removing the storage covers. Cary demonstrated but we didn't try it figuring it was an easy task - can't figure it out

the various electrical systems: AC, DC, what runs on battery, what on shore power (we think we have it all figured out but not sure)

8. Cary Winch

I have to agree with Kathy and Bob. The side tent should be the next, the counter lid covers is a great idea and I too was thinking some electrical stuff would be top of the list too.

Cary

9. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Don't forget the rainfly. I used it the last time we went camping. It worked but I don't think I had it on right.

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

What did you have in mind? What things would you do differently while camping over being in the driveway?

The only tools we carry in the teardrop (which never leave the tear) are a hammer, a screwdriver, an adjustable crescent wrench & a Leatherman (which is mine - Craig always has his Swiss Army knife on him.)

11. starlight

starlight Novice

Great list, Betsey. We were just putting together our toolkit and want to avoid taking too much. It looks like ours is good to go!
    --Stelena

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

There are other individual things to consider...like, does your car's lug wrench also fit your teardrop? If not, then you need to carry one that fits the tear. Also, a can of Fix-a-Flat is not a bad idea.

13. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

stealing From Hilditches lead....... Duct tape!!!!!

14. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

In the rain or wind putting up the side tent in these conditions is going to be very different than in perfect conditions.

15. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

If it is raining or really windy, I wouldn't put it up. However, if you do put it up in wind or rain, it would be the same as when neither is present. With wind, you could add some guy lines to the poles.

16. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Betsey

Its more a case of a system of putting up the side tent do you stake first or throw the straps over the trailer. In the wind I would stake down first as this stops the tent blowing around in the rain I would throw the straps over the trailer first as this gets the tent upright and less likely to pool water.

I always pack my side tent for both events and we have made some adjustments to our straps so that we can adjust the tension of the top straps from either side. This also made the straps considerably longer which means that they can be thrown well clear of the trailer or walked around the back while the base is staked down. You cant do this with the standard straps.

And on the rain-fly which had to be custom made to fit the side tent ( Velcro to the adjustment buckle). I found that by altering the straps the rain-fly can stay attached at all times and now does not get in the way when adjusting the tension on the top straps.

17. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Rather than duct tape buy a roll of 'gaffers tape'. Looks and works like duct tape but doesn't leave behind the mess. This is tape that is used by photographers and film crews. You can find it on eBay. Bit more expensive but worth it.

18. Craig Edevold

Craig Edevold Administrator Staff Member

Barry & Annie

The side tent set-up is one of the next videos we had planned. As long as the snow stays away.....

We can't do this one inside, it is too hard pounding in the tent stakes.

When designing the side tent and the rain fly, we designed them with a specific set-up procedure in mind. Of course, that doesn't mean that you have to do it "our way".

Once you have set up the tent a few times, you can try variations that may work better for you.

19. Cary Winch

Metal thing in middle of campground? That is the fire ring, or in the case of Craig's metal art, a fire globe. Supposed to be a globe made from old wagon wheel rims, sort of a Atlas globe looking thingy.

Cary

20. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Jenn

Believe that thingy is the hot tub heating element where they were getting warm water for the hot tub testing.