102 nights our first year

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by David Olson, Oct 14, 2013.

1. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Becky and I (David) camped in our Camp Inn 560 102 nights our first year.
    We picked our camper up October 13, 2012 and completed 102 nights October 12th 2013.
    Our camper is #541 we tow with a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    We went to the west coast this past summer and Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana last March plus several smaller trips. We towed 13,043 miles our first year.
    Some of our best trips have been the CICO and the Tearjerker outings.

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

102 nights in one year. Wow. I don't think I will make that. I'm hoping to convince my mom to do some traveling with me but she gets homesick in two weeks. She does like to go and see the country but has never done any camping. With all the conveniences I will have with my CampInn it might not really feel like camping. After I pick up my teardrop I plan on coming home and getting my mom for a short trip to see how she fares. She is 93 but spry for her age. She doesn't like to be cold so might not like the outdoor john in the side tent. we'll see. Pat

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Wow, Becky and David! You are dedicated travelers. I'll put your pin in the mail tomorrow. (Evan forwarded your address.)

Kathy Piggott

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Becky and David that's a lot of camping it must have been a great experience.

5. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Thank you Kathy.
    It was sure hard to winterize it the other day.
    Hopefully it will be a short winter because it comes out of storage in March for a trip to Texas and across to Florida and points unknown.
    Another 100 nights in 2014? Hope so. I sleep better in our 560 than I do in our home bed, that is no joke.

6. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Becky and I just got back from Florida. 4,100 miles we camped in Ky.,Mississippi,Al.,Ga., and Florida. Went thru the USS Drum and USS Alabama in Mobile, Al.
    Did some great paddling in Ocala Nat. Forest and mangroves on the gulf coast. Saw some of Big Cypress Nat. Preserve, Everglades NP and Biscayne NP.
    Becky's sister lives only a few hundred feet from the Ocean in Melbourne Beach so we camped in her drive for a few nights. "over flow lodging"
    We regressed over 6 weeks in weather on our way home.

7. 1Door

1Door Novice

Glad you enjoyed Florida.
    Were you at Juniper Springs in the Ocala National Forest?
    And was "Cracker Town" at Yankeetown on the Follow that Dream Highway made famous by Elvis? We kayak over there all the time in addition to Cedar Key.

8. David Olson

David Olson Novice

I did a short paddle at Alexander Springs and a little over 7 mile paddle at Juniper Springs fantastic paddle kind of raised the hair on my arms the first time I paddled around a corner 4 ft. from a gator, also came around a corner and a river otter was sitting on the bank not more than 4 ft. from me.
    Hopkins Prairie was on of my very favorite camp sites.

9. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I paddled Juniper Springs March 2011 with another geocaching friend. The springs are so different then the rivers in SE Minnesota. The paddle has been one of my favorite geocaching experiences.