12V outlets

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Pick, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Pick

Pick Novice

I'd like to see plugs on a teather for the two 12V outlets the in the galley and the one in the cabin (before I stick my toe in ) and to keep dirt or other foreign objects out. Just a nylon cord a screw and a cap not a chain so there would be no marring of the wood or stainless steel.

2. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

MDP
    My husband says BMW makes a cigarette lighter block off plug for their cars and the plug is a standard size. Don't know how much they would cost but if BMW makes one, probably other automotive brands do too? Will look around and let forum know if I find one.
    Gina
    Bob just tells me that just search cigarette lighter plug cover and there are numerous ones available as low as $1.75 - $7. Some are simple covers, others are plug style. He likes the one that says "passenger eject".

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Pick

Pick Novice

Cary that would work although it looks like I'd have to loosen up the body of the power outlet to install. After more of a plug than a cap. Found one that had the no smoking symbol on it but kinda pricey for a piece of plastic.

5. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Mike,

I am sure that one would just stretch and pop over the outlet, it is a rubber material.

Cary

6. Pick

Pick Novice

Ok they are priced right I'll give them a shot and report back. Thanks
    update: just got home and looked at the outlets for some reason I thought they were flush mounted didn't remember them extended. Those plugs will work just fine Orderd from Ebay thanks again

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

We actually keep a plug in that gives us the ability to charge via USB, no lights though so there is no drain to the battery.

8. Pick

Pick Novice

We have a those too. Like them alot becase you can charge two things at once. Mine though has a blue light which I also like but of course the battery drain problem. The caps that Cary pointed out should do the trick.

9. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I HATE the ones that have a light on it. Nothing worse than camping in the woods, only to have a bright LED lighting up the cabin.

Just a heads up, for folks who want the cabin dark. When I bought it, I thought it was a plus. Definitely a minus.(for me)

-Al