Battery 33ah Vs 72ah

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Scott, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Scott

Scott Newbie

We bought #356 this summer and it has a 33ah battery...would a new 72ah fit in that space? If yes what kind is best and where would I find one?

2. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Scott,

Cary can give you the definitive answer, but we have 2016 560 with the upgraded AGM 70 AH battery. It's is made by EnerSys and model is 12HX300. The size of this particular model is: height is 8.2 inches. Width is 6.9 inches. Length is 10.2 inches. Weight is 60 lbs.

Does not exactly answer your specific question, but if you can access battery compartment, you can measure what you have to see if new battery will fit.

Hope this helps you.

RollingRob likes this.
  3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Scott,

No sorry. The battery compartment is completely different on a unit with a 33ah. Switching to the larger battery compartment would entail pretty major surgery.

Cary

4. Scott

Scott Newbie

Thanks for the info, we have had no problems with the current size but am looking at being off grid for longer periods of time and researching all my options

5. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Generally we have found solar to be the answer to that question. Lot's of great info on solar on this site.

Cary

6. Scott

Scott Newbie

Thanks for the info I believe I have found the solution. I had hoped for a couple more weeks of decent weather....but it now appears my trip to Wisconsin for some upgrades will have to wait a bit...