500th Camp-Inn Built

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, May 23, 2012.

1. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Good one, Ken and Peggy.

I'd just like to add that we gave over 14 tours on our last little outing and made sure to mention the Unofficial Camp Inn Forum and your little number 500. Lots of interest in that.

Another thing that impressed the crowd was the phrase: "Made in the U.S.A."

Sue

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yesterday I was able to view number 0000 and 500. Amazing to compare and contrast number 000 and number 500.

Comparing: recognize Camp Inn standard shape, galley design, bump out shape, thought into form and function of tears.

Contrast: continued refinement in manufacturing processes, basic tear to over the top design. Like comparing a Pinto to a Rolls Royce.

Camp Inn is very fortunate to obtain number 000 as a piece of their history, and show and tell with number 500.

Touring the manufacturing floor, amazed to see the states where each unit is headed when completed.

Congratulations on the milestone.

Jean

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jean we saw both too pretty amazing. It gave me a real sense of history and an appreciation of the ingenuity and creativity of Craig, Carry and all at Camp-Inn.

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

That little Pinto was top of the line in its day & I absolutely loved it! Many fond memories of that little gem. Only had it for a year before it was sold, but it got a lot of use. :)

It is a bit shocking to see the "then" & "now" comparison. :eek:

It was fun to go pick it up last week...I was almost as excited as the day I saw it for the first time, when it rolled into our yard. We had it packed & on the road in 30 minutes for a 3 week trip. :)

And the rest is history! ;)

:cool:

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Just want to add one more bit about Camp Inn. We saw all sorts of tiny trailers at IRG, home built to mass produced...and they saw us in the "Camp Inn Hood". The one thing everyone said (besides "wow") was, "Oh, it's a Camp Inn. We heard they were the best and now we see why."

Lots of admiration for your little darling.

Camp On,

Sue

PS:

Where are the next pics of 500?

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Patience grasshopper! ;)

7. bcannizzo

bcannizzo Novice

Darn ..... saw the post from Betsy and thought she was going to have more pictures! Waiting sorta patiently....

8. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Bear (per your post on 7/19)

I have to tell you that your name came up several times while Linda and I were getting the "Introduction" for #524... Cary said several times that your feedback has helped improve the Camp Inn TD.

Dave K

9. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Is #500 still around? Just wondering if we'll get to see it at the factory or Castle Rock.

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Yep!

It finally had its photo shoot last weekend. I'll post some pics of it later today.

It will be in the show room during the CICO, so you can see it on the tour, along with #000.

11. Will there be a BIG sign "Look but don't touch?" and roped off? :)

I think of when we were at Yellowstone this past summer and we turned around on the walkway and just watched everyone come by and each person just had to touch the trailer at least once! :( It made me wonder if I would have a shiny spot like Lincoln's nose in Sprindfield.

Then we laughted because we missed a good photo op...a guy set his tripod up in the middle of the parking lot and took a picture of the teardrop.

12. Jean W

Bored minds desire to know what are the plans for Number 500?

Jean

13. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Jean...thanks for asking...

Seeing as there wasn't much interest in it, we ended up giving it away to a guy who needed a place to live. He seemed very happy with it. :)

Sorry we forgot to update everyone...things just got a little busy here. :crazy:

Happy Camping!

14. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Whaaaattt???!!!! Am I sensing a bit of sarcasm here Betsey???

15. Jean W

Hmmmm................

16. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Nope, no sarcasm at all...just seeing if anyone was paying attention & having a little fun. :D

17. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Well it worked! You caught my attention, peaked my curiosity and best of all you made me smile :) ....more info or clues are always welcome! Thanks - Julie

18. djkline

djkline Novice

Made me double check the calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st

19. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

I might have known, from the people that brought us the Maytag Washer and Dryer Top Secret Instructions, and the Camp-Inn Zeppel-Inn! You almost had me fooled!
    I am hoping though, that #500 stays around long enough for us all to see it in person, at the 10th Annual CICO.

20. Even if and when #500 does move on, some of her innovative design features shall live forever in the lives of future CampInn trailers. I saw the speaker openings (baffles?) from #500 in some 2013 models under construction when I was there picking up my raindrop.