550/500 near Western Mass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skydvr, May 25, 2016.

1. Skydvr

Skydvr Newbie

How's it going everyone?

I'm looking to see if there is anybody within a few hours drive that has a 550/500 that they wouldn't mind me taking a look at. I'm considering picking one up, but would really like to see one in person first.

Thanks,
    Derek

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Derek, we have a 550 Special that is a year old that is for sale. We are in Necedah as I write! We took our teardrop to CI for a maintenance check, and all is well. Our listing is in the for sale section. In case you want to purchase used...

We certainly could meet you half way if you're interested. (We full time and lived on Cape Cod before we hit the road!!)

Best wishes!

3. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Hi Derek!

We will be camped at The Green Gate campground in Exeter, NH over Memorial Day weekend. You are welcome to stop by and see our 550.

4. Skydvr

Skydvr Newbie

Diane_Michael, I appreciate the offer. Assuming you are in WI (the only Necedah I saw come up), half way would be around Cleveland, which is a nine hour drive. A bit further than I was looking to travel. (and after looking it up, that's where CampInn is based out of, so WI is a safe assumption)

Bear, thanks for he heads up on that. Unfortunately it looks like they only had a couple 560s in, which sold recently. They don't appear to have anything in stock. I should call to verify though.

Inn42, that would be awesome! That would give me an excuse to head over and visit some friends over at Skydive New England in Lebanon. Should probably scoot over to Manchester to visit my father as well since that isn't too far away.
    I checked out your blog, you two are doing a pretty amazing trip. Looks like a ton of fun. If I wasn't renting a basement apartment from my landlords and had the room, I'd offer a place for you to stop and shower for a couple of days if you were going to head through the Amherst/Northampton area on your way back out of New England.
    I see that your trip has you heading out to Acadia. It is so beautiful out there. Hopefully you have better luck than I did last time I was out there, nonstop rain for four of five days. Bar harbor has a pretty cool cinema pub and a bar that has built to look like the interior of a boat, really amazing woodwork. I can't remember the name, but it's not one of the tourist hangouts. Either one of the original owner's family members was a ship builder and built the interior for them or was restoring a boat and they passed away and they built the bar from what they had made. I wish I could remember the name and the story, but I haven't thought about that in a while. It's just beyond the touristy area, but not really out of the way. Really good beer and food. You aren't the average tourist, you'd fit in and be welcomed like you were a local.

5. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Hi Derek!

The forum upgrade caused us a bit of a wrinkle, but hopefully you've gotten set up on the new forum. I sent you a PM on the old site so that you would have our phone number, and send another on this site as well. Once you get in the area give us a call and we'll figure out how to meet. The campground requires guest registration, and unfortunately they charge $6. We could sneak you in for a couple of hours, or there are other options. It'd be easy enough for us to simply tow the camper out past the registration office.

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Derek,

If you're interested in our teardrop, we would be happy to meet you at a location of your choice. I can forward photos of our TD if you'd like. Just need your email address. I hope you had a chance to read our "for sale" listing. Look forward to answering any questions! Diane and Michael