560 Trailer light bulbs: Source + clarification

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Wendell Ann Hanks, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Being a novice at ownership, I did not know that Xenon was a brand name (the brand of the classy round interior lights). I was looking for a "type" of halogen bulb, not the brand name. Auto parts store employees were puzzled, yet tried to be helpful. I didn't take out the bulb with me to get a match as the description in the manual was very specific.

So I removed a bulb from the fixture and....

Here's a source that is $6.50 vs. $9.75 at the auto parts store: Yes,
    HOME DEPOT! "PHILLIPS Landscape and Cabinet" Halogen T3 10W, G4 base is the bulb. It's identical to the one removed from the Xenon light. This is for the clear bulb. The "red" color version is available at Christmas time!

"Will keep the light on for ya!"
    Wendell

2. sinsky24

sinsky24 Newbie

I just missed Christmas and the red light bulb burnt out, any idea where I could get a replacement online or brick and mortar? Thanks

3. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Thanks for the link! What wattage are the original bulbs?

Randy

5. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Novice

I'm sure I ordered the 20watt bulbs but the manual (p.18) recommends a 10watt bulb. My camper is in storage for the winter so I am unable to verify this. Hope this helps.

6. sinsky24

sinsky24 Newbie

Thank you for the link. Looked in the manual and it says 10w, but on occasion I found it to be a little dim in the galley even at full blast. Going to have to do some compairing I guess. Thanks again.

7. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Oh oh, Sailboatstuff no longer carries the red xenon bulbs. I haven't been able to find another source. Anyone else have any success? Is there a dimmable LED version available?

8. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Randy,

Email us. We stock these (we have to have them specially made for us) and can take care of you on this.

Cary

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Thank you for taking care of us & sending along a replacement red bulb with our door handle order last week, Cary! It was so nice to have the light on again at night while camping this past weekend. :)

Casandra

10. We just replaced a clear bulb in the galley. The one I removed was a 20 watt. When the cabin lights burn out I will try the 10 watt bulbs. The fixtures get pretty hot and Kevin likes to have them on full blast. I could get a tan in there it is so bright. For anyone in Wa going through Ellensburg on I-90 they have both the 20 watt and the 10 watt at the Ranch and Home for about $6.50.