Air Conditioning For Those Who Really Need It...

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Travelguy, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Travelguy

Travelguy Novice

Ok here's a thought that I have been running through my head... how to get better air-conditioning without jumping through hoops.
    If I had known how little I was going to use my roof vent I would have left that out and gone for this... I hate heat !!!!

How about an external air conditioner that is only 9 1/2 inches high and 40 inches wide and 29 inches in length. Inside no ducting required and controls are in the ceiling (which extends 2 1/2 inches into the sleeping area. It puts out 11,000 BTU's of cool air and works off 20 amp circuit breaker.

YOU would no longer have to have a special opening for the window mount air-conditioner ....hence that area could go to storage or entertainment . It dose weigh 96 pounds but it is spread out and dose require 2 1/2 depth with a 14 x 14 opening.
    About the only thing that would be a detractor is the color which is white... talked to the dealer and he said just paint it silver... the plastic is easy to paint.

If you really use the ac alot this might be a real winner.
    Think if you need to work on your ac... you have to remove all the screws and then whatever brackets are inside holding it in place then carefully remove. The problem I found is no 2 window units are the same dimensions so if a better more efficient unit comes out you cant use it.
    I have yet to find someone that can work on the window ac units...most just buy a new one. Costco is selling ac window units for 119.99. They are 5200 BTU and 15.75 in length and 16.2 in width and 12.3 inches high and are energy star rated at 10.7... just the wrong size... I'm sure Cary and Craig would agree there is not allot of room to work with having it mounted inside. Hence I will probably be out of luck when it finally goes out on me. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it lives longer then me :)

These are just thoughts of a crazy man wanting to be cooler...