AR State Park Any body camp in Missouri or Arkansas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by pat walsh, Feb 2, 2011.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Planning a trip to northern Arkansas in April anyone have experience there?

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Sorry I'm just seeing this Pat -

Bull Shoals is very nice from what I hear. Our home in Arkansas is just 20 mins. from Lake Ouchita State Park and it's gorgeous. Mountain View, Arkansas is a nice place to visit also. There are music festivals there I believe.

3. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

Devils Den State Park in Western Arkansas was our first night in the 550. Very nice place with lots of birding activity. We were there the first week of May and experienced no rain, however the previous week they had 17 inches in 4 days.

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Thanks - we will have to keep that in mind for next year.

5. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Check out Cane Creek St. Pk. more on the south east side of the state but a fantastic park, also Blanchard Springs, north central in Ozark Nat. Forest. We just love Arkansas.

6. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

I know it is not the Ozarks like the original old thread, but it is in the edge of Arkansas.

If you will be in eastern Arkansas, you can stop in West Memphis across the Mississippi from Mamphis
    Tennessee at the Tom Sawyer RV Park. It is a neat place and I would recommend if you are in the area.
    I fell asleep to the sound of diesel tugboats working to push a big string of barges up the river.

It is RIGHT ON the river bank in the flood plain so you have to check the River Stage (height) at Memphis
    for visits in March to May. It has lots of RV spots so it is best outside Memorial to Labor Day,
    but they have tent/popup spots in the edge of the trees further from the river.