Anyone Out There Tow With A Volvo Xc 70 Awd?

Discussion in 'Towing & Tow Vehicles' started by Shannon Wahlstrand, Mar 26, 2017.

1. We have a 2016 Volvo T5 AWD that has 250 hp/266lb torque. We're interested in the 560 Ultra and wondering if anyone has this as their TV?

2. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

I don't have a Volvo, but the 266 ft-lbs of torque at 1,800 rpm would make it more than adequate for towing a 560. You want a decent torque number at a fairly low rpm range, otherwise the engine will be working overtime going up steep hills. The Volvo fills the bill.

3. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hi. I just replied to your PM. We have been very happy with towing with our 5 cylinder Volvo XC90 (2004), and we tow in the west over mountains and usually with the AC on. I am sure you'll be fine.

4. Thanks for the replies!!! We're also considering a Honda Ridgeline as a TV. I saw the positive review on that. Good to know the Volvo could work also coming from someone who drives one, not sure if you're XC90 has more hp/torque than the XC70?, but sounds like the 70 will be adequate. Thanks again!!!

5. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

since my Volvo is 2004, I would bet your Volvo has more HP and torque

6. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have a '98 V70 which pulls my 560 nicely.

7. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have always found that backing up with a short trailer is more difficult than with a long one. In theory, the Volvo mirrors are adequate, but I have found that everything, including backing and changing lanes, is more easily and safely accomplished with clip-on side mirrors. The ones that I bought that fit perfectly are these: Amazon.com: Fit System 3891 Deluxe Universal Clip-on Trailer Towing Mirror: Automotive

The attachment system is rugged and easy. Having them will make your first trip with the trailer more comfortable.