WA State Park Bay View State Park (Mt Vernon/Anacortes)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by KathyBob, Jul 18, 2012.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

We just spent four nights at Bay View State Park in western Washington (State). The mailing address is Mt. Vernon, but it is actually closer to Anacortes. It is across the Bayview-Edison Rd from Padilla Bay (which has a wonderful grassy area and picnic tables), about 4 miles north of Hwy 20 (aka North Cascades Highway). The park is relatively small: 76 sites; no. 1-30 have water/electricity and are a bit more exposed. Sites 31-76 are smallish (although we saw some 5th-wheels and large pop-ups squeezed in.) Our TD fit beautifully into site #55, which was right next to the water spigot and a short walk to the restroom/shower building.

Because the surrounding countryside is relatively flat, we saw many, many bicyclists – some with tours and others on their own. A number of the sites at the park were dotted with 3 or 4 itty-bitty dome tents – so cute! We spent part of a day in LaConnor, an artsy town with shops, museums and great restaurants to visit. Whidbey Island, Mt. Vernon and Anacortes are within short distances and have a lot of things to do and see. Just a mile north of the park is the Padilla Bay Research Center/Interpretive Center which has great information about estuaries as well as a couple of walking trails that are very attractive to birders.

Highlights of the weekend: visiting with Jenn, Tom(of tomNgayle), and Sarah(of Mick’nSarah) AND the totally amazing thunder and lightning storm – an event that rarely happens in the PNW. Also attended a cool art/music festival in Stanwood and had delicious fish/shrimp tacos at the LaConnor Brewing Co.

TD at site #55
    [​IMG]
    New Coleman screen room
    [​IMG]
    Padilla Bay
    [​IMG]

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Re: WA - Bay View State Park

Bear, if we were there, we'd love to meet-up with you! Kathy

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

It was so great to see you two also! Thanks for taking the time to see us!

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Hey, nice "Bug Tent". But shouldn't Bob be inside?

Jim

5. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

He wasn't buggin' me right then! Kathy

6. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord, I can't wait to meet you guys.

Sue

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Sue, I get the impression from talking to Jenn that we (you & I, Jim & Bob) share a number of characteristics. We're looking forward to meeting you guys! Kathy