Check Your Lug Nuts (brake/bearing/hub Replacement Thread)

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Busy B, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Busy B

Busy B Newbie

Our Raindrop has seen some salty roads and salty air, so I decided to check on the hubs and brakes. I'm glad I did. While attempting to remove the lug nuts, a stud came loose - which would have been a nightmare on the side of the road. To get the wheel off, I had to cut the lug nut off. It might be a good idea to check on your lug nuts every now and then to ensure you can actually remove them when/if needed.

Ultimately, I replaced the brakes, hubs, and tires. I'll share some photo's and part numbers in case this is helpful. These parts work for our 560 Ultra - SUV model - with parking brake.

Brakes:
    Right: etrailer part/number: Dexter Electric Trailer Brake Assembly w/ Parking Brake - 7" - Right Hand - 2,200 lbs Item # K23-104-00
    Left: etrailer part/number: Dexter Electric Trailer Brake Assembly w/ Parking Brake - 7" - Left Hand - 2,200 lbs Item # K23-103-00
    Hub (both sides): etrailer part/number: Dexter Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly for 2,000-lb Axles - 7" - 5 on 4-1/2 Item # 8-257-5UC3
    Tires: Cooper Trendsetter SE All-Season Radial Tire - 205/75R14 95S

Attached Files:

Evan likes this.
  2. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow, all because I said your brakes sounded a little noisy....

Glad you got the problem fixed while safe at home!!

-Al