Fridge / Cooler Coleman Cozy

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by pat walsh, Apr 14, 2014.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Has anyone used the Cozy? How helpful is it?

2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We purchased one and have been pleased. It seems to add an additional half day before having to add ice. And we no longer have to wrap the cooler with a towel. We would make the purchase again. Van & Terri

3. Pick

Pick Novice

We purchased one also. Don't have trailer and cooler yet. Glad to know it helps. Hate the thought of covering up the stainless steel though.
    MDP
    Mike & Denita

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Van and Terri thanks that is good information.

5. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

I assume it still slides into the cooler parking area?

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

It does. That is the main benefit. It makes it easier to slide in and out of the cooler stowage location. No need to wrap a towel around the cooler or anything. Plus, there is a strap across the front to give you something to pull on when taking it out.

Cary

7. mbpm

mbpm Newbie

Hello, we have the 550 Classic, just got back from 3 weeks touring the SW. Would like to wash our Coleman Cosy Cover. Does anyone know
    machine wash or by hand? Thank for your thoughts.
    Polly McKay Oregon

PS Just spent our 100th night!

8. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Polly, IM me with your address and I'll send your 100 night pin. O wash our cozy in machine and hang to dry.
    Kathy of KathyBob.

9. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Jennifer. No, YOU have to do it, everyone else can do a synopsis.

10. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

heheh, sorry, but got me laughing out loud on this one.. funny....
    Hope all Y'all are well...
    fun..

11. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Ill see you sometime this summer Kathy and Bob!

Jennifer, we look forward to that!

Hope all Y'all are well...

Frank, just returned from a 4 week trip to Michigan. It was soooo cold. Lots of snow while it was toasty warm here in Federal Way.

12. fpoole

C-c-cold, I hear that.. nice trip though I'm sure....

Right now, on the Oregon Coast, just north of Reedsport, OR and a little cool.. heading to La Pine, OR for a few months tomorrow.....
    fun..

13. Larry Running

Larry Running Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow, a few months in one spot. Peg and I will be heading out in a couple weeks. Have to do our "shake down cruise" first. The Silver Pullit" is ready except for adding food and some sunshine. We are planning on heading to Whidbey Island to see my family, then Hood canal for Pegs family, over to the coast then south to ? We just want to be home for July and August then back out again. No other real plans other than avoiding the BTKs. If we get close to Bend we will try to see you if possible. Enjoy your trip.

14. fpoole

OOPS...
    I think we just "Hi-jacked" the thread for Coleman Cozy, so I'll pm you all.

Sorry and apologies Pat W....

Getting back on topic, Cozy...

15. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

Been using the Coleman cozy since they first came out. Basically in general it extends the ice time around an additional 30%.

16. We also use the cozy, but I made an insert that goes in the cooler out of the aluminium looking insulation and joined the seams with metal tape. It keeps the food cooler for longer. I ALSO do not like putting my hands in ice Water. So I put salt in plastic used juice containers and fill them with water and freeze them. I put one in each corner. When they thaw, the water is contained. Salt water freezes at a lower temp. So it last longer.

17. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

YES.

Have had and used for three years. Gets washed in the machine a couple times each year. Ours is starting to wear - zipper jumps the track if you're not careful. Will immediately buy another if/when it becomes unusable.

18. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

am curious how much salt you use (my understanding is, you have to use a LOT)

19. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We were an early buyer of the cooler cozy and agree it extends the ice about a third. We have noticed some wear on the bottom due to the lip of the storage lid. We have learned to lift the cooler as we remove it to lessen the wear in the cozy. Will definitely buy another when the need arises.

20. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I took a piece of scrap carpet and put carpet tape around the raw edges. Made a couple of loops out of the carpet tape so I could get a hold of it to pull it out. The carpet side is down and the fridge sits on it. This makes it easy to pull out the fridge and saves ware on the cozy. I also use those reflectors that you put inside your car windshield to cover the fridge and my ice chests.
    I really want to know how much salt to put in the water. I use the cashew jars from Costco.

KarenBee likes this.