Diy “amco” Paper Towel Holder

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Rutger Puts, May 18, 2024.

1. Rutger Puts

Rutger Puts Novice

Hello,
    Newby here. I decided to contribute to the many paper towel holder discussions on the forum. I got to understand how such a simple topic got so much attention. We lived with a bungied roll for a while. Or it floated around the trailer. I searched everywhere for that Amco holder, but that was futile.
    So I came up with this solution in the first image. I bought two $15 holders on Amazon. Cut a 1/2” wood spacer and put them on top of each other and screwed them in the hatch on the right side.
    We didnt have a windy day yet but I’ve rattled and pushed it hard, the roll stays on. hope this helps someone.

Attached Files:

2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Interesting innovative idea. You'll have to give a long term forum report once you've used it for a season, and see if the unused bar keeps enough pressure on it as the roll is used, to keep the remainder from unfurling in the wind.

3. Rutger Puts

Rutger Puts Novice

Sure will.
    I forgot to add that some was selling an Amco one for $55 last year. That really got me going. Just had to beat that.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

AWESOME!!!!! I had an origional and threw it away --- little did I know it would become the standard by which all are judged!

Kevin Bat-Tree Killah likes this.