WV Private RV Exhibition Coal Mine

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Sweeney, May 6, 2013.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

When we got our raindrop, I agreed that my "power driving" days were over. No more 23 hour drives non stop to Florida, wed start our days at reasonable times, and drive to about 5 and stop for the night.

Passing trough on our way to Raleigh we needed to stop in WV. As always, my searches begin with "roadside attractions" - the some times quirky often interesting, sometimes scary places and found an exhibition coal mine. I thought that would be interesting. To my surprise, next to it is a campground. Cheap too. $22. I had my wife make a reservation. They happily took it, without a deposit. Now, it's still off season. The showers were clean, but old. The facilities plain and simple. The surrounding neighborhoods ranged from older well keep homes to let's say a little rough....I didn't feel unsafe though, I'd stay there again.

The attraction was interesting....definitely worth a stop, if not a stay.

Off to falls lake NC

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh... "Power Driving..." LOL, boy I can relate to that...

Same thing here, I need to tone it down a bit, sort of Stop and smell the Roses, but it's not easy. I'm working on the stop by 2-3 to enjoy the campsite.... sigh... unless I'm on a "Power Drive"...
    Doing Utah in 2 days, power down and power back, but 7 days just sitting.. does that count??? heheh...

One mile at a time eh???

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I agreed to drive from the time we leave (usually 8 or 8:30) until 4 or 5...

Saturday will be a 11 hour drive though :(. Nothing we can do about it.